dinner in the dining room

babyh

Going on my first cruise with my DH and DD (age 2) in January. Learning lots on this board. Tried to do a search but was not getting anywhere.

How long does dinner typically last in the dining room? Since my DD will not want to sit much longer than hour to hour 15 min, I am trying to plan accordingly. Can we be done in this time frame or should I plan more buffet dinners? Thanks for the help.

Going on my first cruise with my DH and DD (age 2) in January. Learning lots on this board. Tried to do a search but was not getting anywhere.

How long does dinner typically last in the dining room? Since my DD will not want to sit much longer than hour to hour 15 min, I am trying to plan accordingly. Can we be done in this time frame or should I plan more buffet dinners? Thanks for the help.

Hour and fifteen minutes to hour and a half......

I would also suggest early seating so she doesn't get fussy...You know after a day of all the fun she'll probably get tired.....;)

When I booked I requested the earliest dinner seating time possible; however, through reading the posts I have learned that you will not be guaranteed this time, and will receive your dinner time when you arrive on the ship. So, I am a little nervous we will be assigned late seating. I am hoping if this is the case, I can have it changed due to my daughter's age.

Thanks for the quick response!

A couple times we found ourselves in the dining room for 2 hours. Even I was pretty restless at that point. You may be surprised how well she does. The cheesy singing and dancing the waiters do might entertain her. Give it a try, and nicely excuse yourself if it doesn't work out.

With the system that Carnival has in place for table assignments I think that you have a good chance of getting the early seating. They will know the age of your daughter when they assign the tables.

If you do get a late seating (you'll know when you get your Sign & Sail card) go to the dining room first thing and see about getting it changed.

We have seen a number of toddlers at dinner and they have all been well behaved. There will be a lot of "newness" for her. Plus the wait staff has always treated them like royalty. The staff wants you to have a super dining experience and they know that keeping DD happy can be a major part of that.

Hope you get to enjoy the dining experience.

Charlie

On our last Carnival cruise we had our 5 yo grandaughter with us and we were given a 8:30 dinner time. Once onboard we went to the dining room and got the early seating. We also requested a table just for us, and that was granted. Without others at the table service was prompt.

I think the key to quick dinner service is to get to dinner quick. If you are at big table with strangers that may not work. Get a small table and get to the dining room before the big tables fill up and you will be eating your appetizers while the big tables are still placing their orders.

We always end up at a table with just our family - we arrive on time and we're almost always out within an hour. You may also try letting your 2 year old have dinner with Camp Carnival once or twice so you guys can enjoy a more leisurely dinner together.

Archived