What is a Rollaway bed exactly please?

CruisingSarah

Hi,

I'm new here and quite new to cruising we are just about to book with RCCL on Navigator. There are 3 of us, me, husband and our 3 year old. The cabin we are interested in says 'rollaway required' on its description instead of being one of those with a little triangle symbol which means there is a sofa bed.

We last went with NCL and my little boy slept in the sofa bed and this was fine. I am less sure about the idea of a rollaway bed but to be honest I am not certain what it is exactly. Do they bring it in and out each night/morning? This would not be great for us as sometimes we take a daytime nap and if the child's bed was not there it would be inconvenient. At the same time I am not sure I like the idea of losing space to another piece of furniture. There is already a sofa in this cabin but apparently it's not a sofa bed, I don't understand why all cabin sofas can't convert surely this would give the cruise line much more flexibility?

Please can someone set me straight? Am I worrying over nothing and the rollaway arrangement will be fine or should I speak again with the TA and find another cabin which is a proper 3 berth?

Thank you very much, Your advice is appreciated!:)

If you little guy is small enough to just sleep on the sofa (without making it into a bed) let him do that! No added furniture, no "set-up"...and he'll think it's an adventure! (Kids can sleep anywhere!)

Otherwise, I'd pick a cabin with a pullman or sofabed to eliminate that extra spacetaker being in the cabin!

Shoot--he could even "camp out" on the floor!

Thanks for that!

Unfortunately I think he'd probably roll off as although it would be more than long enough, it wouldn't be wide enough and he does tend to roll a round a bit.

I think we're going to have to go back to the TA and ask again what's available as I am just so unsure about this rollaway thing :confused:

Archived