Princess vs Royal Carribean for family with 12 and 15 year old girls

woodbinemom

We are new to cruising. Want to take an upscale family vacation where we can do things together and sometimes apart. My girls need their space from time to time as do we. We plan on booking two cabins but aren't sure whether we would like princess or Royal Carribean. I am afraid Princess won't have enough kids (going first week in April 2009) but RC may have tooooooo many kids. Which is more upscale but also teenager friendly. Any help/insight will be GREATLY appreciated.

Well, the kids will have more to do on RCI--and there will be alot of kids, but RCI does a great job of keeping them busy and out of your hair. (And, everyone else's!)

Princess is a tad more "upscale", but they're more similar than different. I think RCI will be a better choice for the kids---but YOU'RE paying for this--what do YOU want to do??????

On either ship, you can be together or apart, but on Royal, the girls will have more to do.

We have only done 1 cruise and it was on the Caribbean Princess and we loved it!! Kids were 12 an 9 and they had many options to choose from. They had a ball every day! Also, in April their may be many kids on board due to school's spring breaks.

There will be LOADS of kids and teens on Princess at that time of year!

My dd really enjoyed the teen center on Caribbean Princess and found more than enough to do.

I would caution you that on the older ships - Grand Princess and before, the Teen center is small and less to do in the center itself. The newer ships, Carib. Princess, Crown, Emerald, Ruby have much bigger teen centers with their own hot tub too!

Plus pools are freshwater and MUTS is not to be beat.

If they specifically want to climb a rock wall and ice skate, then you have to go with RCCL. But if that isn't such a priority, I think you'll get more for your money on Princess.

Archived