Pacific Dawn Questions

Cruzer Nut

Just a few questions I want to ask for those who have just returned or are soon to go on the PD.

I thought that all the rooms on the PD have small Bar Fridges in each room but can't seem to find mention of them anywhere except in the Suites. Need to have access to a Fridge for Medications etc.

Also get violently Ill from Sea Sickness and wondered if anyone could tell me if I should be worried being so high up?

Plus is there anything else that we should look out for?

Many thanks for the packing list and tips for newbies We seriously overpacked the last cruise and this forum is a godsend.

A little planning obsessed - hmmmmm big time I think! :D:D:D

Hi Cruzer Nut.

I asked the same question about a bar fridge in every cabin last week and was advised that 'yes' there is a fridge in every cabin :) .

As for planning ahead. Nothing wrong with that. I'm already mentally packing andstill have 10/1/2 months till my next family cruise :D.

Enjoy your planning and i hope you have a great cruise next year (at least you get to go before me).

Yes there are fridges in all the rooms on the Pacific Dawn.

Seasickness - I also am very susceptible to motion sickness. I take dramamine and find it very effective and it doesn't make me sleepy. Some people have said that it is discontinued, but apparently Travacalm is the same ingredients. I suggest you research this on the internet then talk to your pharmacist. Many people take phenergan, but that would make me very very sleepy. I recommend against taking stemetil - it might sto you throwing up, but you will feel like sh.. (sorry to be blunt) This is often what doctors recommend, because it is a general anti-nausea med. Ginger works for many people, but that wouldn't do anything for me. I suggest you get a couple of different remedies (dramamine, phenergan) and maybe try one at a time on a weekend to see if it makes you sleepy. Take a tablet before the ship leaves port, and if it is rough the next day you might need another one. It is likely that once the ship gets further away from the Australlian coast, and maybe as you get used to the movement of the ship, you will be fine.

Sorry the advice is not clearer, but different things work for different people. You need to find what is right for you.:):)

Also get violently Ill from Sea Sickness and wondered if anyone could tell me if I should be worried being so high up?

There is a thread on here "Sea sickness", which would be really helpfull to you. Lots of advice on what can be taken and tips to help you from getting the dreaded sickness.......nothing worse than being sick on a cruise!!!!!!!!!:(

As for being high up , I am no expert here, but I was told that midship and on a lower level is better. Aparently being more centred there is less movement....or something like that.

Hopes this helps.

Hi We are just back from the Dawn, we were in cabin A178 as high as you can go, i was also terrified of being seasick, so i took Kwells as soon as i left the house and kept on taking them the whole cruise whether i felt a bit queasy or not stopped when we disembarked, worked for me not once did i feel sick, so that is what i will be doing on the next cruise.

Just keep up the meds you will be fime

Marg

Archived