Hoping someone can calm my growing concern...

Laserjock

About 3 years ago my wife, son and I had the fortune to be treated to a cruise by my sister-in-law, and ended up on the Zuiderdam in an SA suite. To say the least, we were spoiled.

We celebrate our 20th anniversary this December and I booked an SA suite on the Eurodam in Dec thinking "hey..new ship...will be fun".

I am not liking some of what I am reading about some of the Eurodam experiences and am a bit concerned about it. I guess I am just a bit worried about whether I have made a mistake or not. My gut tells me no...that once I am standing on the verandah, drink in hand and feeling that breeze on my face as my beautiful wife and I watch her pull away and head out that all will be good.

Someone humor me and just say that it will all be good! :D

Make a great holiday for yourself and your wife on such a special celebration! The ship is tremendous. No doubt, any lingering issues will be long resolved by the time you step aboard. Have a fabulous time!

You are going to have a fabulous time on the Eurodam! She is a brand new ship and bound to have had to work out a few kinks. You had a great time on the Zuiderdam, right? And trust me, if you wanted to dig up negative reviews on her, you'd have no trouble at all.

Will you be on our cruise? (Dec. 6 to Carib.?)

I don't know about you, but I'm taking all the negative stuff with grain of salt. I'm trusting that HAL will do it's best to work things out, and that this cruise will be just as wonderful as all my other cruises on HAL. Let's think positive! Stay with that vision of you and your wife on the verandaaaaahhhhhh!

Moriah

About 3 years ago my wife, son and I had the fortune to be treated to a cruise by my sister-in-law, and ended up on the Zuiderdam in an SA suite. To say the least, we were spoiled.

We celebrate our 20th anniversary this December and I booked an SA suite on the Eurodam in Dec thinking "hey..new ship...will be fun".

I am not liking some of what I am reading about some of the Eurodam experiences and am a bit concerned about it. I guess I am just a bit worried about whether I have made a mistake or not. My gut tells me no...that once I am standing on the verandah, drink in hand and feeling that breeze on my face as my beautiful wife and I watch her pull away and head out that all will be good.

We just got off Eurodam and the experiance was first class.

She's a fabulous ship. Absolutely gorgeous IMO

A brand new ship is always going to have an issue or two. They have been and are addressed.

Almost all issues are now settled.

Relax and enjoy your countdown. Look forward to a fabulous time.

You did not make a mistake.

After having visited on board yesterday, we can't wait for our planned March cruises to get here!

I just got off the three day Eurodam cruise out of NYC( I guess it's three days ago already) and had a wonderful time. The service was wonderful, the decor was beautiful, and most of the kinks seem to have been ironed out. The only problem area I found was the narrow passage way at the Lido pool that was created by the cabanas there. Who knows, they might be gone by December. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise.

Any new ship has kinks that have to be worked out. That's why I personally will not sail on a new ship. Let them work all the wrinkles out and then I'll board.

The Eurodam has staff that are still getting used to working together. There is new hardware they have to get used to using, new procedures, new this and new that. As a result, there are naturally going to be some problems, but I have no doubt that as the crew gets some more sailings under their belts, things will smooth out and by December, when you take your cruise, everything will be just peachy.

So relax and focus on thinking about all the fun you're going to have onboard the ship.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We also just got off the Eurodam 3 night cruise to nowhere-- I was also a bit apprehensive before we boarded, but can honestly say we had a wonderful time. We even made out ok with open dining, (prefer fixed) and there were 9 in our group! Everyone loved it and our only complaint was that the cruise was too short!

We are sailing on the Eurodam at the start of October and I too was a little apprehensive but cruiserking's review uplifted my spirits. I think that it is very easy to post negative thoughts about anything in the world but that positive experiences are spoken about a lot less. To me, that is just human nature. I feel fairly sure that my DH and I will have a great time. We may need a bit of patience but, having been on the ship for a few hours, I can say that I really liked all that I saw.

If it make you feel any better, After reading all the reviews good and bad, I wish I could change my cruise in Jan to the Eurodam just to experience everything I have been reading the past few months... (can't change due to family members cruising too)

Hi Laserjock, this is what I told someone else on an early posted and I believe it also applies to you to.......

Haven't you ever heard the old saying "take everything with a grain of salt" probably not, huh? Please understand that all these threads about the Eurodam are subjective criticism. What some people hate, others will love. Some of the posters are long and I do mean long time Hal cruisers and they tend to be a little picker then most. Most of them are Hal's biggest fan but also Hal's biggest critics. There is always problems on a new ship but time will work out all the kinks, so quit worrying, and start looking forward to a wonderful cruise.

........and yes I agree with you, that once you are standing on that verandah, drink in your hand, feeling a breeze on your face as your beautiful wife (very nice laserjock) and you watch the Eurodam pull away from her dock, all will be more then good, it will be great!

You will have to have your own experience in order to answer any question that you may have concerning this ship; but, in all the cruises that I have taken with Holland America I can promise that I have never had anything less than a wonderful cruise.

Will you be on our cruise? (Dec. 6 to Carib.?)

Thanks for all the replies and comments. I should know by now that just about anything you encounter has its fans as well as its detractors.

Moriah, yes...we are on the Dec 6 cruise and will be in 7040. Our 20th is Dec 3, so we are sailing as close to the actual date as we could. We are getting pretty excited and its still months away!! :D

Great advice. Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the anticipation of being on that balcony with your wife. Anticipation is such a big part of the cruise experience for me. Please stop worrying. There are going to be lots of wonderful memories made on your anniversary cruise.

probably 95 % of the passengers on any cruise DO NOT post anything anywhere good or bad. do not be discouraged by what you read. some will find a problem with whatever they are doing and are professional complainers. when you are 1 of 2500 passengers on a floating hotel things may not always be perfect, but they are a lot better than sitting at home watching the grass grow (or the snow fall):o. relax and enjoy....:D

Archived