Statendam - Questions About Room HH 399

mikjr

We just received our room assignment on the Statendam and I'm wondering if anyone has had ROOM 399 on the Lower Promenade. Or a room near that area??

I realize it is an obstructed view and towards the rear of the ship.

thanks

We were in DD394 on the Statendam, almost directly across the ship from 399. We liked it just fine. What do you want to know about 399?

I looked at the deck plan and you didn't have an obstructed, but were next to an obstructed.

I was just curious about the noise factor. Any from above? or from the rear? Also, how's the ship's motion back there? we've been in the front of a ship and the pitch was pretty bad, I assume it's better in the rear.

I looked at the deck plan and you didn't have an obstructed, but were next to an obstructed.

I was just curious about the noise factor. Any from above? or from the rear? Also, how's the ship's motion back there? we've been in the front of a ship and the pitch was pretty bad, I assume it's better in the rear.

We had a "partially obstructed". We could look straight out and maybe 60 to 70 degrees to the right and see water. You will see a steel wall when you look straight out, but you will be able to see some water if you look hard left.

We had no noise problems from above or any other direction - but I don't know exactly what will be above you. It looks like just a dining room table or a small service room off the d.r. Should be pretty quiet most of the time.

We had no significant motion. We did have one odor problem in the bathroom. We finally figured out that it was coming from the tub drain, because the stopper was broken and had been put on the tub edge by the steward. Once we started putting the stopper in place (closed) whenever the drain wasn't needed the problem was solved.

WiFi reception wasn't good, so I would walk up two decks whenever I was going to be on for more than a minute or so.

We'd book another cabin in the same area, because we really like the easy access to the Promenade on both sides.

Enjoy the Statendam! :)

Archived