Lost my Cabin

Av8tor

If TAs can go online to inquire about upgrades, would that apply to airfare also?

i would guess the ta could do this as well. (others will know for sure). but you can find it out for yourself. i usually do a 'mock' booking on princess' website. you book a cabin and can keep going through to airfare and insurance (then i cancel it). it tells you how much princess air is for the cruise you're on. when anything at all changes on my princess-booked air i get an email from them. so chances are your ta did too.

ps good luck staying awake at work on your day back!

and to paul (av8tor): you have a great attitude about your trip--that almost guarantees you a fabulous time!

Anyone else have something like this happen to their booking and what happened with it?

I was originally booked into C333, a cat JJ cabin on the Sapphire in 2 weeks and was fully paid. I called my TA to check on the cost of upgrading to A400, a BB balcony. He checked with Princess and the $1200 extra they quoted was more than I wanted to part with since I already have an AA mini-suite for my following cruise. Therfore, I said "No Thanks, we'll stay with what we have."

Lo and behold, a few days later, Princess is calling my TA to get the additional payment for the BB cabin. Seems they changed my booking anyway and have subsequently sold "my" original C333 to someone else. My TA wasn't happy and neither was I.

Princess "offered" to give us an obstructed view Cat F on Emerald deck at the original price (only about $72 more total), but we wanted to be on a higher deck closer to the pools and spa but still be mid-ship. The only cabins available in the original category or Cat F were either WAY forward or WAY aft. I had my TA offer to split the difference with Princess and keep the mid-ship BB and pay 1/2 the upgrade they quoted since it was their mistake, but they wouldn't budge...

Is this a common occurance for Princess?

How can they change a booking when you're just calling to ask how much an upgrade would be?

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to walk up/down 2 more flights of stairs on our way to/from the pools and spa and enjoy the lovely view of the lifeboat.

Frustrated,

Paul

Princess never, ever, ever changes a cabin unless asked to do so-unless THEY move you to an upgrade. It's your travel agent who is at fault here.

See your agent. She's blaming it on the wrong party.

Archived