Winter Weather Predictions???

AZPam

I am hoping Steamboats, or anybody else in Germany, might be able to answer this question:

Have there been any winter weather predictions for this year?

Here in the states the Farmer's Almanac has predicted a very cold "numbing" winter, so wondering if you have anything similar for Germany? We will be doing a Christmas Markets (Basel - Amsterdam) trip the first of December and would really love to see some snow this time around. 3 years ago the weather was chilly but nothing even us desert rats couldn't handle. I know it's probably too early in the season for snow, but we do have our fingers crossed.

The weather predictions this year for Germany is that the winter will be colder and possibly wetter than the summer (same goes for every years).:)

I personally do not trust weather predictions even the 3 day forecastes.:(

Our coldest months tend to be January and February, when we get most of our snow, but then again we have had snow at the end of October.

As you will be travelling in the extreme west of Germany and going south to north the weather in this area is still affected (luckily) by the Gulf Stream so it is milder with very if any snow during the winter. The further east you go (Siberia -:eek: ) the colder it gets and the chance of snow is greater. So a Danube (west to east) cruise has a far greater possibilty of snow.

With weather conditions permitting you may see (from afar) snow on the hihest elevation point in the Black Forest "the Feldberg".

Whatever the weather condition - have a great cruise.

Ron

Archived