American Cruise Lines

cruznlobo

Has anyone had any experience with this cruise line. I saw an ad in a magazine and started checking on them. The cost is a little high (~$4,000 for an 8 nighter). If this price is an all inclusive price it might work.

Let me know if you have any info on them

TIA

Mike & Vicki

This cruise line does includes many of the tours in each port.

Tips may be optional. I do not remember the policy.

Also they often offer one-way from port of debarkation to port of embarkation (or the other way) if the cruise is not a round trip.

This is a USA registered vessel and falls under all US employment, safety, and other laws.. The crew will be paid at least minimum hourly wages or higher.

MSEm

• 3 weeks later...

We were on American Cruise Line in 2007. It was a round trip from Bangor, Maine. They called it the lobsterfest cruise and it was great. The menu had lobster in various ways every day.

There was a cocktail hour every evening just before dinner. They served snacks and mixed any drink you wanted, no charge. There was wine on each table and if you wanted beer, just ask.

The cabins were beautful. The bathroom was better than some hotels, lots of counter space and drawers and a cabinet under the sink. The balcony was small, but at least you could go outside and enjoy the views.

The food and service was good. We would cruise with them again. In fact, we are booked on a ship with their sister company, Pearl Seas, for December 2009. We had been scheduled to cruise her in October 2008 up the St. Lawrence, but she wasn't completed in time. I am not sure when she will start her cruises.

We would definitely cruise with American Cruise Lines again. If you want pictures of the cabin, let me know. I think I can find them and e-mail them to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's a Lobsterfest Cruise but my cousins & I are planning on sailing on the American Star next July. It starts and ends in Bangor, Maine. We are really looking forward to it so if anyone has any more to say, please let us hear from you.

Archived