Weird Question: Banana Situation?

Leo Jay

I thinks someone needs a banana daiquiri:p

Why don't you call and ask..........maybe you can bring them on for your own personal use.......

Then come back and let us know if they let you.....

Ohh, you got the GOOD version, before I cooled down and edited. You're too quick for me!

:p

Yeah, I've tried calling a couple times, no one knows, they give me the knee-jerk "I don't think you can..." then put me on hold for 10 minutes trying in vain to actually find something in writing.

Yes, bringing them on at the point of embarkation and using them on the ship. From an ecological standpoint, I don't see why it would be any different from the bananas they're loading on board anyway. Only that I'm stupid enough to try to be a mensch and and bring my own since I expect to use more than a normal amount.

Since that's the case, I don't really see what the problem would be. Would a letter of medical necessity help at all, I wonder? I'm not sure if they'd take your bananas or not! :confused: Interesting question! We were permitted to bring our leftover wedding cake on board from Barbados with no problem. The security officer even held it for me while I was stuffing the other stuff through the x-ray.

Leo - I can't remember - are you on the 9/13 Victory sailing out of NYC? We were on the 5-day two weeks ago, and DH found bananas on the Lido deck breakfast buffet right up to the last day. I would just take some from the buffet at some point to have on hand, just in case - but I don't see a need to bring your own supply aboard.

Since that's the case, I don't really see what the problem would be. Would a letter of medical necessity help at all, I wonder? I'm not sure if they'd take your bananas or not! :confused: Interesting question! We were permitted to bring our leftover wedding cake on board from Barbados with no problem. The security officer even held it for me while I was stuffing the other stuff through the x-ray.

I guess I could do that. I already got permission to bring my rice milk on board just in case. The banana thing just didn't occur to me at the time, since I knew there were some on board anyway. I only recently started considering the fact that I'd need 6 a day, and that that might be a bit much... but you know what, CCL will survive me using 42 bananas. Think of all the bread they're saving!

Leo - I can't remember - are you on the 9/13 Victory sailing out of NYC? We were on the 5-day two weeks ago, and DH found bananas on the Lido deck breakfast buffet right up to the last day. I would just take some from the buffet at some point to have on hand, just in case - but I don't see a need to bring your own supply aboard.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was way overthinking this -- too close to the cruise, and getting excited, I guess. With all the food on board, my using 6 bananas a day is nothing.

And yes, I am on Victory in ONE WEEK!

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

:p

Oh, and I'm bringing a magic bullet on board to make the smoothies. You guys are free to have fun trying to show me that that's forbidden too. Others have tried and failed, but if you're up to it...

:)

Nope magic bullet is fine.........I know they say the same about small coffee makers that some in our group have been taking for years:D

Archived