Gaffey Street Diner - San Pedro???

tlovesdis

Has anyone had breakfast here?

I am watching Diners, Drive In's and Dives and Guy is there right now and the breakfasts look amazing!

I'm thinking we should eat there the morning of our cruise!!!

The food is GREAT!!! The portions are HUGE!!! The parking SUCKS!!!! The waitstaff is UNFRIENDLY!!

In a nutshell. I'd still reccoment going there.

Can any one give me an idea of where to find it?

it's on Gaffey just off the 110 freeway. Unfortunately the only way to access the restaurant is off southbound Gaffey or through neighborhood streets behind the eatery. not the easiest place to get to.

it's on Gaffey just off the 110 freeway. Unfortunately the only way to access the restaurant is off southbound Gaffey or through neighborhood streets behind the eatery. not the easiest place to get to.

Thanks! not sure what our time will look like - but we might check it out, if we can get to it ;)

You could park in the Holiday Inn's lot. It's about a block away on the same side of the street. Just pull into the garage and walk back out to the street. They do not have any attendant in the garage and the parking is free. It is probably posted for "hotel guests only" but they have no way on monitoring who parks there.

The Holiday in is OK for a 1 night stay, but if you do stay there DO NOT eat there. It was one of the strangest mels I've ever had.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to visit here, but doesn't seem to be open for dinner. Am I correct in that? Does anyone know what time lunch finishes? We probably won't manage to fit in breakfast the morning before the cruise, but could do a late lunch the day beofre.

I would like to visit here, but doesn't seem to be open for dinner. Am I correct in that? Does anyone know what time lunch finishes? We probably won't manage to fit in breakfast the morning before the cruise, but could do a late lunch the day beofre.

Yes. They are a breakfast/lunch place only. They don't really say but I think it closes at 3pm. Here is their website. http://gaffeystreetdiner.com/

You could park in the Holiday Inn's lot. It's about a block away on the same side of the street. Just pull into the garage and walk back out to the street. They do not have any attendant in the garage and the parking is free. It is probably posted for "hotel guests only" but they have no way on monitoring who parks there.

The Holiday in is OK for a 1 night stay, but if you do stay there DO NOT eat there. It was one of the strangest mels I've ever had.

Are you talking about the "Holiday Inn Downtown" in San Pedro - aparently near a hospital?? The reason I ask - our TA strong armed us into makeing a hotel choice the same week we booked the cruise - I unfortunetly didn't have enough time to do much research that week so I just went with it because Holiday Inns are usually OK and they had a free shuttle to the pier.....Then I read the reviews - of course you have to take all reviews with a grain of salt - my hubby tells me its just one night, but had I the chance to switch to the Crowne Plaza I would. But maybe being near a great resturant would make up for the location.

Thanks

No. But the CP shuttle can take you there.

If you are looking for breakfast within walking distance from the CP:

Nosh, Grinder, San Pedro Cafe

Why isn't it within walking distance? Mapquest shows it only to be a mile from the Crowne Plaza. Is it a bad neighborhood? My wife and I like to walk, and with the huge portions served there, it might do us some good to walk to it.

Why isn't it within walking distance? Mapquest shows it only to be a mile from the Crowne Plaza. Is it a bad neighborhood? My wife and I like to walk, and with the huge portions served there, it might do us some good to walk to it.

If you'd like to walk you can certainly do so. I live in LA, we don't walk anywhere. :D

I would take 6th all the way to Gaffey and make a right and then cross Gaffey at 1st street. Neighborhoods are fine. Enjoy your breakfast!!!

Archived