Copenhagen Hotel - suggestions?

Booked

Any suggestions please...

We've just last minute booked the Crown Princess Transatlantic leaving Copenhagen September 17th - very, very exciting!!!!:D

But, we're coming in a day early and booked our own air.

So now we're scrambling for a good, inexpensive hotel in Copenhagen!

Any recos would be appreciated.

I know we'll be beat coming in Tuesday night, but Wednesday a.m. would love to try the HOHO or canal cruise before boarding the ship - sound possible???

Many thanks

CA

Check the Copenhagen thread on the port boards and note that a lot of folks got the Marriott on Priceline for around $120 a night. (Including myself). It has been the only four star offered in town. See also biddingfor travel.com

Hope I did not break too many rules here!

We're at the SAS Radisson Royal. Not cheap but great location, staff and rooms. Took combined city tour (on Hoho bus) and canal tour this morning. Excellent when you're short on time. Cost was 175DKK per person (about $35). Purchased vouchers at hotel. Get to bus early - they overbook it!

we were on the Crown a month or so ago......stayed 1 night in the Adina (about 1/2-3/4 mile from ship) and also stayed 1 night post at the Airport Hilton....both were EXCELLENT....both had good breakfast buffets included...I personally liked the Hilton's better..but both we good

enjoy your trip......the Crown is wonderful

Hotel Danmark

Vester Volgade 89

Copenhagen V, Denmark 1552

Phone: 45-33-114806

Fax 45-33-143630

Conf No. 15898256

Good for one or two nights, walk to Tivoli, reasonably priced when we were there a few years ago. Looks like its about $220/night. They serve a reasonable breakfast included.

I highly recommend the Kong Frederik; it's just one block from the head of Stroget, the pedestrian shopping street, and two blocks from Tivoli. It's a very lovely old hotel, built around a central covered courtyard. And I second the recommendation of the Phoenix, a very elegant hotel and also quite convenient. Copenhagen is an expensive city and hotel rates are high, but my feeling is, if you're going to have to spend money on a hotel room anyway, it's a shame to stay in a Marriott or other chain when you can instead stay in a uniquely European place.

Any suggestions please...

We've just last minute booked the Crown Princess Transatlantic leaving Copenhagen September 17th - very, very exciting!!!!:D

But, we're coming in a day early and booked our own air.

So now we're scrambling for a good, inexpensive hotel in Copenhagen!

Any recos would be appreciated.

I know we'll be beat coming in Tuesday night, but Wednesday a.m. would love to try the HOHO or canal cruise before boarding the ship - sound possible???

Many thanks

CA

Try Hotel Christian IV :

http://www.hotelchristianiv.dk/default.asp?Action=List&KategoriID=223

Excellent location and very good prices for Copenhagen

Good luck - it's a great city.

If you have to choose and can do only one - do the boat cruise.

You can always walk around Stroget(pedestrian street) and City Hall square on your own before the ship leaves.

Thanks to everyone for your replies - really appreciate you taking the time.

Great suggestions. I've been looking at the websites for the various hotels, and would love to stay in any one of them.

Unfortunately most are already booked (not surprising since they're the hotels you reco'd and we're so late booking)...or well over the $500 pricetag (ouch!)

We ended up booking the Nebo Budget Hotel, near the train station - any comments? Suggestions?

Figured we'd be arriving, crashing, getting up early to HOHO and canal tour Copenhagen then head for the Crown Princess, where we'll be pampered with cozy beds, steward service and increible food for 18 days. So decided to cheap save loonies, dollars, euros, pounds, and various kroners for the cruise.

Next time we'll try to book early.

But booking an almost 3-week trip and transatlantic cruise just 10 days before leaving does raise that level of excitement - or is that panic????

Again, thanks. CC posters are the very best.:)

CA

Archived