Additional Staff named for the Odyssey

Martita B.

Staff for the Odyssey:

Chief Purser Andrew Thompson (Andrew will be perfect)

Restaurant Manager Karl Eckl (we all know "Karlo Magno" ~I am

so pleased he'll be aboard)

Ex. Housekeeper Michelle Roberts

Tour Manager Carol Frey (we congratulate Carol- from Austin)

Ex. Chef Graeme Cockburn (I don't know this Chef ??)

Personal Trainer Johan Paelmans

No mention of Maitre'D's ~~I'm sure it won't be long before these

will be named for the 4 or 5 dining venues.

Martita B.

Martita,

Of all the people you mentioned I am most happy that Karl will be aboard. I still remember the first time I met him on the Pride. He seemed to be everywhere at once and made each guest feel like the Pride was his or her own personal yacht.

Karl is a very special person ~~~a true story.......Many years ago Herman Diaz (Mr. Seabourn) was aboard the Pride. He realized when the waiter brought his dining menu that the young waiter was new. The young waiter was trying so hard (and I bet was a 'lit nervous serving Herman) when all of a sudden Mr. Diaz said, "Son, come close and let me look at you." ~then he said in his most authoritative voice ....."mark my words, one of these day you will be a Maitre'D!!" The young man leaned down and said to Mr. Diaz......"Oh sir, how can you tell?" And Herman quietly replied......"it's very easy......I see it in your eyes!" It was Karl Eckl. They became best friends and remained very close until Herman's death in Zurich.

Sometime please remind Karl of this story ~~and watch him grin from ear to ear.

Yes, we are so fortunate in having "Karlo Magno" (Herman A. Diaz gave him this nickname) on our Seabourn team!:D

Martita B.

Tony & Trevor,

Yes, Andrew is "your man!" I'm happy also he's joining the Odyssey team ~~as well as Carol. She's a fellow Texan from Austin and a gem of a Tour Manager.

I did a little research on Chef Cockburn. He is a former Chef for Seabourn ~~was Ex. Chef in London for the gentleman's club, "Boodles." Also Ex. Chef for the Royal Scotman train ~~

I'm sure I've met Michelle Roberts but but I can not place her.

MB

• 2 weeks later...

I have known Chef Cockburn personally for (pronounced Co-burn) nearly two years having worked with him on another cruise line. His creations are simply superb! He is a stickler for quality so rest assured you will not be disappointed if he is at the helm of the galley! :D

Thanks for your post! I'm anxious to meet and visit with Chef Cockburn ~~after reading of his previous positions I am impressed!I believe he was with Seabourn years ago ~~

He'll be quite busy training future Chefs while he's aboard the Pride.

Thanks again for the information.:p

Martita B.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived