Deck Chairs

whylion

We are considering what would be our first Seabourn cruise on the legend. I have a couple of questions:

My husband is concerned about the lack of balcony, and wondered about the availability of deck chairs on board. Can you generally find a chair when you want one? Do people "reserve" them by leaving towels etc when they aren't around?

How does the dinner seating work? When you go to dinner do they give you a choice of tables? Are you seated with other guests who arrive for dinner at the same time? Is it possible to have a table for two, at least some of the nights?

Thanks!

Plenty of deck chairs and loungers are always available ~~Decks 7& 8 ( another jacuzzi is also available ~ bow of Deck 5)

As to seating, Seabourn is open seating for both the Dining Room and "Restaurant 2" (the Veranda) Some evenings invitations are extended to join an Officer's table or one of the entertainment staff, CD's, as well as to lecturer's tables, etc. Or you may certainly choose to request a table for two. Dinner is always a high-light of the day on Seabourn!

Welcome to Seabourn!:p

Martita B.

If you arrive without an invitation to a set table, you will be asked if you would like to seat with others or by yourselves. Also, you might be asked if you would like to start a table and have others join you as they arrive. And you may do as you please. We tried a random seating with others and invited tables on different evenings and we always had a pleasant experience. Some nights we just wanted to be by ourselves and we had a delightful time and service.

Your choice. It's SB.

There are plenty of deck chairs, however, not plenty of shady spots on Deck 7 & 8. Therefore, one does find the cruiser who claims a lounge in the shade and then leaves. However, the deck stewards are very helpful in finding a shady niche.

And the wonderful cold towels, spritzing, and sorbet in champagne drinks are most refreshing.

For sea days when "prime location " chaises are a sought after commodity my husband and I have worked out a system. After breakfast in the Verandah one of us goes to the deck and sets up two chaises with a small table while the other one goes to our suite to change. Then when that person comes back the we switch --one stays while the other goes to change. Perhaps that is bending the rules but we live year round in Arizona and while we love being outdoors the last thing we need is more sun.

One of the things we love about Seabourn is the flexibility with respect to dining. Some evenings it takes me longer to put on my war paint and some evenings I am more hungry than vain. In any event I LOVE just being able to waltz into the dining room whenever I please. The staff very quickly learns the passengers dining preferences. Many a night we have been greeted with "good evening Mr. and Mrs. S. Would you like your usual table for two in the corner or are you joining your friends the X's tonight." We end up dining alone maybe a third of the time on a two week cruise -- the rest of the time with friends we have met(or re-met -- we often run into people we met on an earlier cruise) or once in awhile we accept an invitation to dine with one of the offficers we particluarly like. But if we wanted to dine alone every night that would not be a problem.

Archived