Puerto Rico Airport???

beachbuddy

Oh, I don't know. I never sailed out of P.R. I've been there many times as a port stop but never sailed out of there.

Patty

It's definitely SJU & you will sail out of the Pan Am pier. When you exit the terminal, there's a booth that will arrange your cab to the pier. It's very organized & the trip is 15-20 minutes to Pan Am.

It's definitely SJU & you will sail out of the Pan Am pier. When you exit the terminal, there's a booth that will arrange your cab to the pier. It's very organized & the trip is 15-20 minutes to Pan Am.

Okay, it's 3 for SJU!!!

Thanks so much!!

Patty

The only airport is SJU so that's the one you want. Tell the taxi driver the name of the ship and he/she will know where to go. You can mention the Pan American pier, but you don't even need to. Have a great trip!

Sue,

Thanks, but I'm checking into airfare before booking anything. So far I can't find anything reasonable!!! I was looking at the Serenade but airfare is crazy!!

Patty

I live in PR. You have to use SJU as your airport code. This is the Luis Munoz Marin Airport in Isla Verde. It is about 15-20 min cab to the Pan Am Pier. Pan am pier is the one of the Adventure and Serenade. If you are going on the Carnival Destiny, you have to go to the OSJ Pier.

Sue,

Thanks, but I'm checking into airfare before booking anything. So far I can't find anything reasonable!!! I was looking at the Serenade but airfare is crazy!!

Patty

The airfare is crazy. We're leaving this morning to go on AOS but booked the airfare back in March. We paid $356 pp then. Probably won't be cruising out of SJU anymore because of the airfare cost.

By the way, could you give me some help on how you get the myspace countdown clock to work on your signature. Everytime I try to copy and paste the code it locks up my ability to edit my signature. I'd appreciate it. Thanks, beachbuddy

The airfare is crazy. We're leaving this morning to go on AOS but booked the airfare back in March. We paid $356 pp then. Probably won't be cruising out of SJU anymore because of the airfare cost.

By the way, could you give me some help on how you get the myspace countdown clock to work on your signature. Everytime I try to copy and paste the code it locks up my ability to edit my signature. I'd appreciate it. Thanks, beachbuddy

Yep, airfare is insane and I'm thinking we won't be sailing out of P.R. either. I really wanted to go on the Serenade.......I love the Radiance class ships. Been on the Radiance and the Brilliance - Brilliance is my favorite but it's in Europe.

If you just click on the link below my countdown clock it should take you to the site to create your own.

Patty

We love to cruise out of San Juan because of all the places you can go in a week. But airfares are crazy high right now, so not as good a bet as in the past. Sometimes the cruises are cheaper, but the higher air makes it not such a good deal. Last year we cruised out of SJ, and we nearly paid more for the air than for the cruise.

We love to cruise out of San Juan because of all the places you can go in a week. But airfares are crazy high right now, so not as good a bet as in the past. Sometimes the cruises are cheaper, but the higher air makes it not such a good deal. Last year we cruised out of SJ, and we nearly paid more for the air than for the cruise.

We never cruised out of San Juan and I thought we'd try it, but I really don't think it's worth it because of the airfare - I refuse to pay over $800 for the 2 of us to fly somewhere just to get on a ship. RCLL needs to send another ship to the Northeast - we have the Explorer here in NJ but it's always the same itineraries. Their 9 night does east and their 12 night does east/southern - I'm starting to miss the western ports. I checked airfare to Miami and haven't found any good rates for that either. Guess I'll keep looking.

Patty

We never cruised out of San Juan and I thought we'd try it, but I really don't think it's worth it because of the airfare - I refuse to pay over $800 for the 2 of us to fly somewhere just to get on a ship. RCLL needs to send another ship to the Northeast - we have the Explorer here in NJ but it's always the same itineraries. Their 9 night does east and their 12 night does east/southern - I'm starting to miss the western ports. I checked airfare to Miami and haven't found any good rates for that either. Guess I'll keep looking.

Patty

patty....try different airports too....honestly, JFK can be a PITA but sometimes air from there to SJU is really good...we did that, and took the princeton airporter (now known as olympic airporter...we parked at the westin up in plainsboro)...even with the shuttle figured in, we still saved about 2-300 on airfare.......give it a shot.....

patty....try different airports too....honestly, JFK can be a PITA but sometimes air from there to SJU is really good...we did that, and took the princeton airporter (now known as olympic airporter...we parked at the westin up in plainsboro)...even with the shuttle figured in, we still saved about 2-300 on airfare.......give it a shot.....

Hey Meg,

Thanks, yeah I know JFK can be a PITA but I'll check it out. My favorite airport is Philly - I don't even like to go to Newark but hey if the price is right.........LOL I'll check out the airporter service too. Do you have to stay at the Westin to leave your car there???

Patty

Hey Meg,

Thanks, yeah I know JFK can be a PITA but I'll check it out. My favorite airport is Philly - I don't even like to go to Newark but hey if the price is right.........LOL I'll check out the airporter service too. Do you have to stay at the Westin to leave your car there???

Are you getting excited about your upcoming cruise? It's almost here - I can't believe it's Sept already!! Summer sure flew by!!!

Patty

Sue,

Patty

Hi Patty!

We are going on the adventure of the seas march 15th. have found great airfares out of phillie but when i round up all that are going with us, fare has changed. aa seems to have the best but don't overlook airtran. also spirit goes there out of atlantic city. we are going down a day early to make sure we get there plus my sister and niece are coming from dallas and can't get them in on same day as cruise leaves on time. i couldn't get them on the explorer so next best thing. voyager out of galveston way too expensive. spring break week.

Patty

I know what you mean about miami too. we have the liberty sailing feb 28th and it is cheaper to go to san juan than to miami out of phillie. even allentown has some great fares.....got to see how long it will take us to go out of there. dh is looking at that now.

Hi Patty!

We are going on the adventure of the seas march 15th. have found great airfares out of phillie but when i round up all that are going with us, fare has changed. aa seems to have the best but don't overlook airtran. also spirit goes there out of atlantic city. we are going down a day early to make sure we get there plus my sister and niece are coming from dallas and can't get them in on same day as cruise leaves on time. i couldn't get them on the explorer so next best thing. voyager out of galveston way too expensive. spring break week.

Hey there,

I did check Spirit but they only had flights with layovers and they weren't cheap either and were weird times. I don't trust airtran, had a very bad experience with them last August. My husband's brother passed away in Florida last August and the only airfare I could get was Airtran so I booked 2 round trip tickets and paid around $800 for them. We show up at the Philly airport the morning of and were told they canceled our flight and had no room on any other flights that day to put us on.........no, actuallly, they said they put my husband on a flight the next day but no room for me. We asked to speak to the manager and he was so nasty that I almost jumped over the counter to choke him............LOL

I called the Airtran number and spoke to them from the airport - I mean I was crying because we had to be there the next day for the funeral. So the lady says "we can possibly get you on a flight late tonight" , but by this time my husband was already throwing luggage back in the car and we thought if we didn't get on a flight late that night we'd really be in a mess. So........we didn't want to take a chance and we hopped in the car and started driving all the way to Florida. The woman on the phone told me I'd have credit with Airtran for another time and I told her I wanted a refund because now we had to spend money on gas to drive ourselves and I assured her that I wouldn't be flying with Airtran ever again so they did credit my card.

We drove straight thru to Florida, got at his mom's house, laid down for 2 hours and then went to the viewing. That was such an awful trip.......left on a Tuesday, got there on Wednesday and left to drive home on Friday night. If we flew we would have been there Tuesday thru Sunday so we spent 4 days in a car.

Okay, I'm done ranting about Airtran...........LOL:D :D

I'm going to keep checking airfare this week, but if I can't find anything good then I'll have to look for a different cruise.

Patty

Archived