Color teams

UKCruiser_2008

I have heard about how Carnival likes to put its guests into teams for the week, e.g. the "yellow team" and the "blue team". Do they always do this?

Is it mainly for the kids?

What kinds of activities are involved? IS there a prize?

.....depending on your table number. Any activity gets "points". No prize, just bragging rights.

wasiii

I always felt it was more in theory than practice. Never quite knew if I was a Red Team or Blue Team (always wondered if people just cheered for "their" team & if they heard the annoncement & knew what color they really were). Crazy point amts. were quoted at the end & I had the feeling no one was really keeping score & more, "Let's just tell them the Blue Team won this week." I'm sure when this is done in a camp environment it is much more organized, but on the ship it seems to be just a perceived activity. After many cruises I've began feeling either do it all out with a posting in a main area of team acitivities that are team related, which team won the activity & points to date (use a white board - nothing elaborate) or just forget the whole thing. Hey, they could always make it into a money maker (which I'm sure Carnival would love) with selling "Red Team" "Blue Team" t-shirts & get those mid to late aged teens more involved in it, who sometimes seem to be on the fringe age of things (think they're too old for Camp but too young for bars). Just my opinion...my kids are all in bars age category now - lol.

On my cruises its been red, white and blue teams. I'd love to see minimal prizes but I've people get all indignant because their team wasn't first. And there was NO prize involved. Can you imagine if there was a prize? Holy cow, there would be a mutiny!!!!. People would be removing their tips and suing Carnival.

They do it - and it's stupid and annoying! It has something to do with your table number in the dining room. Kind of hard to maintain the facade of a fine dining experience when you've got adults screeching like howler monkeys just because they're on the yellow team!:rolleyes: I can't remember it ever being mentioned again after that first night OTHER than when I was called on stage to certifiy the bingo balls and was asked what team I was on! I looked at her like she had a snake on her head and said I have NO idea. No, there's no prize, it's just something dumb they do and I'm not sure why!

I think on our last Carnival Cruise it was down to 2 teams only (red & blue)

The teams were announced and based on your seating in the dining room. Like, upper level red - Lower level port side white - Lower starboard blue.

There were never any prizes that I know of and it seems to be quietly going away.

Last couple of cruises we noticed also that the "dancing waiters" & nightly entertainment in the dining room

have been curtailed. The whole thing could be Carnival shedding some of their party image??

Of course, we'll know for sure when they start giving lessons on how to hold your pinkie finger when sipping tea:D

Charlie

I hope that they are not doing the "teams" on my next cruise. I don't think that I can take 7 days of the most obnoxious and intrusive activity that Carnival has come up with.

Unless you locked yourself in the cabin, there was no way of escaping it. On the lido deck, in the main theatre, at the dining room. AAAaaargh!!!

I think you posted to the wrong thread;)

I've been on ship with red, white and blue. I've also been on the ships with just red and blue.

When and which ship's without the teams big duck. Things could be looking up.

Splendor, Legend.

Yes they still do it and yes its stupid. My kids even think that it is stupid. What gets me is the adults that go crazy over this. What is funny is they really dont keep score, like someone said earlier at the end of the week they just pick a color and announce it at the last show and everyone goes nuts.

On my Carnival Pride cruise, it was just Red and Blue. I was on the Red Team, and we all sat on the upper deck of the Normandie Restaurant. I assume that the Blue Team had the lower deck. Red Team tables were all even numbers, and Blue Team tables were all odd numbers.

valor had red, white & blue teams in july. it's all in good fun, they announced scores for each team periodically. i think it's a way to get everyone involved in the big deck party, which i thought was quite entertaining to watch. my kids participated in it - they are 15, 20 & 23. it's for all ages. everytime you participate in on board activities, you are asked which team you are on. my team one, by the way.

Singing waiters, color games, corny stuff I agree. However, lots of folks like it and participate, so I don't understand why it bothers any repeat Carnival cruiser. You know its going to happen, so join in or don't but accept it in good spirit.

I'd say the same to anyone cruising on Celebrity who complained about lack of those things.

valor had red, white & blue teams in july. it's all in good fun, they announced scores for each team periodically. i think it's a way to get everyone involved in the big deck party, which i thought was quite entertaining to watch. my kids participated in it - they are 15, 20 & 23. it's for all ages. everytime you participate in on board activities, you are asked which team you are on. my team one, by the way.

Do you remember the names of your maitre'de was on your cruise? Reasoning I'm asking, one of our favorites has sailed the Valor for several years.

And congratulations on winning the team event!!

Dianne

sorry, i just know it was a man. because our booking was part of a larger group, our family ended up assigned to 2 different tables. we had not even noticed that we had different tables on our s&s cards until we got to the dining room the first night. they did allow us to sit together at a large table. we never had anyone else sit with us the entire cruise. we were in the washington dining room. service was great the entire time.

thumbs-down-clipart6.gif Color teams.

Noooooo, you look at it all wrong...............;)

When asked, tell the CD, the activity person that you are on the GREEN team. It' blows their socks off!!:p

You see, I start out on the GREEN team and I hope to make it up to the BLACK team, eventually working my way up again to the PURPLE team.:D

Color teams are fun!!!;)

Archived