P.S. Hong Kong Restaurant Recommendations

MalibuCA

Do NOT go to the Quarterdeck Restaurant that is located on Hong Kong Island, near the convention center! I was there as part of a dinner tour last winter during the Amsterdam's Grand World Voyage and it was a real rip-off! It was bad enough that I received a partial refund (after much effort on my part).

• 2 weeks later...

Peninsula Hotel has two fantastic restaurants that the tourists rarely find:

Chesa. A Swiss mountain house that has been rebuilt in the center of the hotel. Great French -Swiss food and service. A great wine list. Reasonable prices.

Clipper Club. On top of the new tower, above Felix. They rescued an old China Clipper, dismantled it and incorporated parts of the airplane into the restaurant. The engines were chrome plated and mounted on one wall. Part of the fuselage forms a wall of the building. The original art deco furniture from the airplane is restored in the restaurant.

A back staircase takes you to the roof of the tower for one of the best views in Hong Kong. Great food and service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, i will be in hong kong after a superstar virgo (star cruises) asian cruise in December. Regarding restaurants... i've heard that seafood is not advised to be consumed over there... i have no idea why and i love sea food so if any one knows anything about this or lack there of, please let me know.

Cheers, Nick

Archived