Nicest Beach on St. Thomas

gtalum

We'll be renting a car in St. Thomas next week, and I want to know what you think is the nicest beach on the island that we can visit. I hear Magen's Bay is nice, but I'm looking for something less crowded.

Megans Bay is beautiful and on the 10 best beaches in the world list. There is an admission fee and if you get there early it won't be too busy. Less busy, no admission and still very beautiful is Coki Beach.

We'll be renting a car in St. Thomas next week, and I want to know what you think is the nicest beach on the island that we can visit. I hear Magen's Bay is nice, but I'm looking for something less crowded.

I think Coki beach is the best one.

Since you are renting a car you could beach hop some of the beaches on the East End. Check out Lindquist, which is usually sparesely populated, beautiful beach. You could go to Sapphire and then Secret Harbor or Cowpet. They are all a few minutes drive from each other. Lindquist, Sapphire and Cowpet have good parking. Secret Harbor does too but most of the spots are for hotel guests, so general parking is limited.

The three popular beaches with cruise tours are Magens, Coki and Sapphire. Magens and Sapphire have plenty of parking. Coki has limited parking and not well organized. Check out a beach guide for photos and info. to help you plan your beach stops: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=st.+thomas+beach+guide&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8.

--Islander

Your question was: What's the nicest beach in St. Thomas.

May I suggest Saphire Beach. It is on the other side of the Island and as you wanted is not as crowded. There are hotels in the area where you can have lunch.

It's about a thirty minute drive from the dock.

Drive safely.

Enjoy,

Rokay

We went to Coki last month and thought it was a dump :( Chairs were dirty, it was so crowded everyone was practically on top of each other and the beach itself wasn't very attractive...JMHO

Amen. Magen's is better. We're trying Sapphire this time. Unless I just shop...

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Coki last month and thought it was a dump :( Chairs were dirty, it was so crowded everyone was practically on top of each other and the beach itself wasn't very attractive...JMHO

I agree with this poster although we were there several years ago back in 2001. Coki was recommended to us as being one of the prettiest beaches in St. Thomas. If I remember correctly, there was a cemetary across the road which was kind of creepy. Made you wonder how clean and safe the water really was as the beach was downhill from the cemetary. Also there were alot of young local people who seemed to be quite inebriated and made the atmosphere quite uncomfortable. A few of these people caught our bus/taxi back to the dock with us and the ride was pretty scary. We wouldn't do Coki again. It was quite slummy in fact.

Archived