A few last minute packing questions...

meggie711

We cant travel without a power strip- we have A LOT of electronics. I know some have stated they dont take one or need one- BUT, if you have batteries to charge, camcorders, multiple cameras, cell phones, etc etc...

you do NEED one or it will be a pia to charge everything.

Leave the alarm clock H O M E and yes of course RCI has wake up calls- not to mention if you order room service they call prior to delivery.

Here is a link to an older thread of what to bring lists-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=621196&page=3

I think another post was trying to describe an over the door shoe bag- they are very helpful in organizing the small stuff- cameras, meds, sun screens, visors/hats, brushes, sunglasses, YOU NAME IT, so it doesnt lay all over your vanity/desk area. They work wonders (cant find my pic, search is down, but they r all over web shots)

Enjoy your cruise and remember, once you go balcony there is no turning back! Smiley_leichtmatrose_tongue-1.gif

Hey Cruisinsince99,

Sure am. Been booked since Feb and can't believe it's finally almost here! 3 more days of work. Definitely counting down.

Here's to a great cruise.

Sheroka, we've been booked since May of LAST YEAR! It's been torture. Been so long that I'm sorta in denial that it's almost here!! :D

I was going to second those that use their cell phone alarm clock. I use mine as a backup to our clock radio on a daily basis, and can depend on it more than my actual clock radio.

Also, for those that are going to try the shoe organizer trick like I plan to do, GO TO TARGET! They have that dollar section at the front of the store (at least ours does), and I bought two different hanging organizers. Also, their college/dorm stuff has been on sale and I bought a really cute polka-dot laundry bag. All of these were under $3.

Also, my arm's in a splint (for those on cast-watch). ;) My doctor gave me his unofficial blessing to not wear it on the beach or to formal nights. lol

I am staying in an inside cabin. I know from past experience that you do not know whether it is night or day in there. So having a little illuminated battery clock for when you wake up, you only have to open your eyes a little and not even move to see what time it is. So much nicer than searching for your cell in the dark :D :) ;)

I always bring a travel alarm/clock. Not necessarily for the alarm part but I do like to know what time it is without having to get up and look at the phone display...especially at night.

I always bring a highlighter. Get two copies of the compass and highlight one with the activities that I want to attend and keep one untouched for my scrapbook and for scanning.

Another suggestion....bring plenty of small bills for tips here and there.

Have fun.

I also take the shoe organizer. I won't sail without it.

I have always sailed 3 to a cabin and that makes for a lot of things lying around like sunglasses, cameras, cell phones, set sail passes, pens & highliters, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, gum, mints -- you name it.

I love all the pockets. When I come into the cabin I always deposit whatever I'm carrying into the pockets. Not only is the cabin less cluttered but I can also find whatever I'm looking for.

Try it, you'll like it

I also take the shoe organizer. I won't sail without it.

I have always sailed 3 to a cabin and that makes for a lot of things lying around like sunglasses, cameras, cell phones, set sail passes, pens & highliters, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, gum, mints -- you name it.

I love all the pockets. When I come into the cabin I always deposit whatever I'm carrying into the pockets. Not only is the cabin less cluttered but I can also find whatever I'm looking for.

Try it, you'll like it

Oops. Just realized that the shoe organizer I bought is the one shaped like a bunch of open-ended shoe boxes stacked on top of each other. Guessing that it would work good for holding stuff, but if the boat starts a'rockin'.. there will be shrapnel of gum, sea pass, spare change, dental floss, and sunglasses flying across the room. LOL at the thought...:eek:

Yes, the alarm clock! That's something I have forgotten all 4 cruises. And don't forget to put a fresh backup battery in it in case you need to unplug it.

You guys do know you can set a wake up call automatically with your phone, right? No real need for an alarm clock. Although, my wake up is usually the room service bringing the coffee I ordered for morning delivery... :D

Archived