Hamilton, circa 1911

SanNic44

I found a great panoramic photo of Hamilton, Bermuda from 1911. I put it up on my blog under "Ships, Waterfront" category. My how things have changed. The harbor is visible as are many of the buildings. Things were different back then.

I found a great panoramic photo of Hamilton, Bermuda from 1911. I put it up on my blog under "Ships, Waterfront" category. My how things have changed. The harbor is visible as are many of the buildings. Things were different back then.

please provide a link for us. It would be much easier....

thanks

The church on the left is the Wesley Methodist church behind the Sessions House on Church street. Looking at this angle, I surmise the photo was taken in the steeple of the Cathedral with a wide panoramic lens which were a popular photo type back then.

At Fanuel Hall in Boston there is an interesting panoramic photo of Boston at the turn of the century taken from a church steeple.

This is a nice slice of how Bermuda looked at the time. I recently ran across an old tourist map from when I went to Bermuda in 1967. The changes are extradinary even from that time.

There were buildings on Ordance island before they built the cruise dock. The only cruise dock area was the one used by the Dream in front of the Majesty between Hunter's Wharf and Penno's Wharf.

Hi Edward, How is that comparison review coming along?

I have started a rough draft and my wife has been very helpful in her input. The differences are quite interesting. Hopefully I will start it in parts shortly.

I sneak a little time here and there on cruise critics.:)

We aren't going until May 2009 so there is plenty of time. I am sure your review will be very helpful. You always have so much great information to the Bermuda board.

Thank you, that is so kind of you to say. I try to share my experiences both good and bad with everyone.

Thanks also for your patience. It just seems like there is never enough time to do all the projects you have planned.

We are going on the Dream back to Bermuda on Oct 5. Only 4 weeks to go and we can't wait.

Too bad the dine ashore plan isn't available anymore as I did enjoy the Carriage House, as per your recommendation.

Archived