Port to Airport... Rome

The time frame from port to airport ranges from sixty to ninety minutes. The challenge is not only getting there but the lines when you arrived. The Rome airport can be one of the most chaotic airports. Are you flying coach? If so, line will be even longer than say business class.

I would take a later flight if this was me.

Keith

Thanks so much for the quick responses! The 10:55am flight is a non-stop back to the US, so we would like to get on that one. Otherwise with connections our trip home goes from 9 hours to 16+ with connections. However, I understand that missing the early flight would make the trip much longer. :)

If we decide to take the early flight, how do we go about hiring a driver? Do you have suggestions for a reliable company?

Thank you again for your help.

Alwaysonvacation

We used Rome Cabs, but Rome in Limo also seems to be recommend. We were met at the ship, they have a sign with your name. We used them for several days, and they were always there early. We chose to stay overnight rather than risking missing the 10:55 flight, but it looked like it would have been doable.....

How far is the Port in Rome from the Airport? Could we make a 10:55am flight out?

On our last trip we stayed with 2km of the airport. We were at the airport 2 hours before our 8am flight and just barely made it. I think a 10:55am flight is really pushing it unless you find a taxi driving a Ferrari. Even still, it is really pushing it.

If we decide to take the early flight, how do we go about hiring a driver? Do you have suggestions for a reliable company?

Well, based on others reports of making early flights back to the USA we booked an 11:15am flight that we made with NO problem. One couple in our shuttle van had a 10:20 flight they made with no problem.

We hired romashuttle.com for 12 of us from our roll call group. We left the ship between 6:15-6:30 and our driver was waiting. We were on the road at 6:45 and arrived at the airport in 50 min. Not many waiting in lines and we were at our gate before 8:30. This was on a Thursday morning.

Good Luck!

Archived