Swiss

lawyerrose

Does anyone have any experience with Swiss Int'l Airlines in general? We are flying Swiss from Miami to Zurich to Venice for our cruise next month and was wondering about how others may have experienced this airline. Has anyone traveled Swiss' business class? What can we expect? We're on their 340 Airbus from MIA-ZRH. What about Zurich airport? Is that a fairly easy airport to navigate or not? How does ZRH do as far as luggage transfer? Can I expect that my luggage will makes it with me to Venice?

I'd appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

Rose

We flew Swiss several years ago from Amserdam to Zurich to Bucharest. They were nice enough to change our schedule, so that our flight from Zurich left before our flight from Amsterdam departed. Luckily, I checked and found the problem.

Thanks Paul. Seems like that lack of notification of flight changes is a problem all the airlines share. I check those flights every week to make sure they're still scheduled for the same time.:)

That's good news about Zurich airport. Good ole Swiss. ;)

We were routed through Zurich in May of this year. It is a lovely airport and easy to navigate. We had a four hour layover and managed to find some comfortable seats to sleep in. Lots of nice places to eat and duty free stores to wander through--lots of Swiss Chocolate. We flew in on Air Canada and out on Swiss Air to Nice, France. I never thought our luggage would arrive with 3 changes of planes but there it was when we got to Nice!

Our flight on Swiss Air was only one hour but we got a drink and lunch and the plane was very nice. I would definitely fly them again if the price was right!

We flew last year with Swiss, one way from Madrid, via Zurich to Montreal. Flights were on time, service was very good. As I recall, Zurich is not a large airport and finding the gate for our connecting flight was easy. By the way, the scenery upon our descent into Zurich was beautiful.

Enjoy your cruise! The Sailaway out of Venice is very memorable!

We flew last year with Swiss, one way from Madrid, via Zurich to Montreal. Flights were on time, service was very good. As I recall, Zurich is not a large airport and finding the gate for our connecting flight was easy. By the way, the scenery upon our descent into Zurich was beautiful.

Enjoy your cruise! The Sailaway out of Venice is very memorable!

Can you see the Alps as you land in Zurich? Oh, that would be awesome!:)

Does anyone have any experience with Swiss Int'l Airlines in general? We are flying Swiss from Miami to Zurich to Venice for our cruise next month and was wondering about how others may have experienced this airline. Has anyone traveled Swiss' business class? What can we expect? We're on their 340 Airbus from MIA-ZRH. What about Zurich airport? Is that a fairly easy airport to navigate or not? How does ZRH do as far as luggage transfer? Can I expect that my luggage will makes it with me to Venice?

I'd appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

Rose

They are probably the best international airline we have been on. Lots of food in coach including chocolate, wine, and also headphones and good leg room. Zurich is easy to navigate.

We have flown Swiss from Barcelona to Zürich and then on to Los Angeles. The flight to Zürich was directly over the Alps, it was a sunny clear day and the view was spectacular!!

We will be flying Swissair from Barcelona, changing in Geneva to JFK. Has anyone been there in Geneva? Any pretty sights to speak off upon flying in and out?? Any good venues to buy some yummy Swiss chocolate?:D

I am not sure about in the Geneva airport but in Zurich, there was TONS of chocolate in the duty free stores!!!!

We had a fabulous view of the Alps flying out of Zurich on our way south to Nice. We did not fly over them as we landed after the Transatlantic from Toronto. It was more of a pastoral, farming area. I think you will see the Alps flying to Venice though. We had a picture perfect day--I hope you get the same. As another poster said, the view is spectacular!!!!

Archived