Perry Grant back from vacation?

lysolqn

I really don't want to offend anyone here but these comments have caused me some concern. I barely remember my Dad listening to Perry Grant when I was a little girl. I would probably enjoy an hour or so of his music while sipping a glass of wine. But please tell me that there is more modern entertainment onboard Celebrity ships as well? Looking to go on the Equinox next year (our first Celebrity cruise) and am hoping for some good entertainment - some contemporary jazz, 70's/80's/90's dance bands, karaoke - does Celebrity offer any of this type of entertainment?

I really don't want to offend anyone here but these comments have caused me some concern. I barely remember my Dad listening to Perry Grant when I was a little girl. I would probably enjoy an hour or so of his music while sipping a glass of wine. But please tell me that there is more modern entertainment onboard Celebrity ships as well? Looking to go on the Equinox next year (our first Celebrity cruise) and am hoping for some good entertainment - some contemporary jazz, 70's/80's/90's dance bands, karaoke - does Celebrity offer any of this type of entertainment?

Sorry - had the wrong entertainer in mind after I saw his on-line video! :o

But question still stands - what other type of entertainment might I find on a Celebrity cruise?

Sorry - had the wrong entertainer in mind after I saw his on-line video! :o

But question still stands - what other type of entertainment might I find on a Celebrity cruise?

Perry Grant is unique among the entertainment I've seen on board. Personally I dislike his act and never stayed more than a couple minutes, but I have to admit it fills up the lounge every night he's playing so I guess there are many that like him

The have different types of stage shows every night in the theatre. Mostly singing and dance acts with both the "staff" entertainers and "celebrity" guests. But also often have comedians, magicians or such.

Personally, I enjoy the other lounge entertainment. They always have a party band that plays a wide variety of music - but mostly rock/pop dance tunes, a disco with a DJ, a ballroom dancing band, classical quartet, acoustical guitar player (the better one play older soft rock tunes which really fill up the bar but some recent ones only play background dinner music) and some other groups. They usually have the some staff musicians from the theatre shows playing once or twice in one of the lounges as a jazz band as well. Oh...and when Perry Grant isn't on board (there is only one of him and he's not performing 52 weeks a year) they have more "traditional" piano bar players in one of the lounges - usually Michaels club.

I would love to hear and meet Ashley. Are you allowed to tell us which Celebrity ship she will be on in January? We're on the Jan 4th sailing of the Infinity. Thanks!

Ashley has been negociating a contract on the Century for late January. I just talked to her, and the gig is hers, but she hasn't signed the final contract papers yet. She will be playing with her trio. You can bet on her playing jazz piano ( her love) but she can play anything, and she will play requests. If she doesn't know it - she'll learn it that night, and play it for you the next day.

She's playing on Holland America's Noordam for the next two months.

Have a fabulous time on the Infinity!

Perry Grant is unique among the entertainment I've seen on board. Personally I dislike his act and never stayed more than a couple minutes, but I have to admit it fills up the lounge every night he's playing so I guess there are many that like him

The have different types of stage shows every night in the theatre. Mostly singing and dance acts with both the "staff" entertainers and "celebrity" guests. But also often have comedians, magicians or such.

Personally, I enjoy the other lounge entertainment. They always have a party band that plays a wide variety of music - but mostly rock/pop dance tunes, a disco with a DJ, a ballroom dancing band, classical quartet, acoustical guitar player (the better one play older soft rock tunes which really fill up the bar but some recent ones only play background dinner music) and some other groups. They usually have the some staff musicians from the theatre shows playing once or twice in one of the lounges as a jazz band as well. Oh...and when Perry Grant isn't on board (there is only one of him and he's not performing 52 weeks a year) they have more "traditional" piano bar players in one of the lounges - usually Michaels club.

Thanks so much for the info! That's what I was hoping to hear.

Archived