Perry Grant back from vacation?

lysolqn

us know. I hope your daughter is enjoying her curent gig.

We have never seen Perry Grant and it was beginning to look like we wouldn't on our upcoming cruise the 30th of Oct.

Glad to hear he's back = hope he stays for several weeks :)

• 1 month later...

Seems there are several PG threads--maybe need to be consolidated...here's what I just found on one of them regarding my query above:

must retract my last comment. C2C tells me Perry is not moving to Solstice. Someone else here on Celebrity reported he was. Sorry about that. C2C just got off of Constellation and said as of this time, Perry is not moving to Solstice. Stay tuned.

__________________~Host Anne

My daughter phoned this morning from Lisbon, Portugal. She is a pianist on the Constellation. She mentioned Perry Grant - Just thought I'd let you know that he's on there now. There seems to be many here asking about him.

Is your daughter the pianist in the ship's band? If so we met her in September and had a lovely talk with her one morning. She's a lovely young woman and very talented.

I just spoke with my Aunt who just got off the Connie last friday (new england/canada cruise). Perry Grant was onboard and preformed every night. My Aunt and Uncle loved him and could not stop raving about him.

We sail on the connie this Monday and are looking forward to hearing/seeing him preform.

Trey

I just spoke with my Aunt who just got off the Connie last friday (new england/canada cruise). Perry Grant was onboard and preformed every night. My Aunt and Uncle loved him and could not stop raving about him.

We sail on the connie this Monday and are looking forward to hearing/seeing him preform.

Trey

Could you ask him about his schedule? Haapy cruising!

When we were on board in October Perry told us he would not be going on Solstice. Because he lives in England he wants to be on a ship that sails to England. He also does not want to be on a 7 day cruise because it takes too long to Perrisize the guests... positions everyone...

I would watch for Perry to be on Equinox when it takes over Constellation's 10 & 11 day cruises next November. We were also told that he will probably be on Constellation until March.

From Ma bell-

Is your daughter the pianist in the ship's band? If so we met her in September and had a lovely talk with her one morning. She's a lovely young woman and very talented.

Sorry it's taken me awhile to answer you - My 81 yr old dear Mom passed away suddenly, and life has been a blur. Hard to believe I can't pick up the phone and call her anymore.

Thank you for your kind words, Ma Bell.

Yes - That's my daughter, and she is a sweetie. She's the only female pianist on the ship. I really miss her.

She's really seen the world!

She can sight read anything you give her, and plays by ear as well, so can play with or without any music, she composes etc. so she is really in demand for filling in for piano players + keyboardists. She gets on the ship, they just hand her the music, and she plays as if they have practiced for hours. She likes short contracts, as she plays on land as well, and doesn't want to be tied down too long.

She's had incredible opportunities to travel everywhere, meeting fabulous musicians, and interesting people all over the world. She has her own cabin, and they really treat her well.

She's finished on the Constellation this month and will switch cruise lines for 2 months, so she will be sailing the Caribbean next. January she has a contract to play for Celebrity line with her own trio. She's pretty excited about that. Quite the life!

By the way - she backs up Perry a couple of days a week.

From Ma bell-

Sorry it's taken me awhile to answer you - My 81 yr old dear Mom passed away suddenly, and life has been a blur. Hard to believe I can't pick up the phone and call her anymore.

Thank you for your kind words, Ma Bell.

Yes - That's my daughter, and she is a sweetie. She's the only female pianist on the ship. I really miss her.

She's really seen the world!

She can sight read anything you give her, and plays by ear as well, so can play with or without any music, she composes etc. so she is really in demand for filling in for piano players + keyboardists. She gets on the ship, they just hand her the music, and she plays as if they have practiced for hours. She likes short contracts, as she plays on land as well, and doesn't want to be tied down too long.

She's had incredible opportunities to travel everywhere, meeting fabulous musicians, and interesting people all over the world. She has her own cabin, and they really treat her well.

She's finished on the Constellation this month and will switch cruise lines for 2 months, so she will be sailing the Caribbean next. January she has a contract to play for Celebrity line with her own trio. She's pretty excited about that. Quite the life!

By the way - she backs up Perry a couple of days a week.

I have been reading your posts.

There was a French Canadian pianist on the CONSTELLATION

that I simply adored. I don't know her name, but, I thought

she was from Montreal..is she your daughter?

One night I stumbled into Michaels Club. Perry Grant was absent and, she was playing. I stood there memorized by her French voice and, piano artistic ability.

Tell me, is this your daughter..and, what was her name?

It has been bothering me I forgot her name.

This young lady is most excellent.. ;)

Yes, her name is Ashley ( good memory Ma Bell)

She is Canadian, but not French Canadian, and doesn't have an accent, at least not to us Canadians. HA!

She started on the Constellation in London, England, Aug 30th/08

As far as I know, she has been the only female pianist on while she has been there, so it doesn't sound like you saw her, Garyfmcol

I've heard her tell people that "home is where her 3 suitcases are." When she is on Land, she still plays and travels.

Ashley has a beautiful voice, but doesn't sing in this band. The music director controls what they play etc.

She does sing when she plays solo piano and in her trio. She did some solo and trio work on the Mercury last summer in Alaska. She played solo as people embarked too.

Her true love is jazz, so when she is able to play what she wants, she mostly plays jazz, her own compositions, sings, and takes requests, but she can play anything. Music is her entire life, and she is fortunate to have seen the world doing what she loves doing.

Yes, she has filled in for Perry occasionally. In fact she has filled in for every piano player on most every ship she's been on.

She doesn't get sea sick, and has often had to provide music when most of the other musicians (and passengers) are sick, when they have been in horrible storms. The music director just tells her to play whatever she wants just so there is still music on the ship.

I've been a bit worried about this latest hurricane tho. Hope the ship doesn't blow apart.

I have also met your daughter, Ashley onboard. She was playing in the Cova the first day of our Transatlantic. I commented to my friend (MaBell) that it was so nice to sit and enjoy her beautiful playing. That's when we met her. You have raised a very lovely, and talented young woman.

I am so sorry for your loss also.

I have also met your daughter, Ashley onboard. She was playing in the Cova the first day of our Transatlantic. I commented to my friend (MaBell) that it was so nice to sit and enjoy her beautiful playing. That's when we met her. You have raised a very lovely, and talented young woman.

I am so sorry for your loss also.

Well, maybe I didn't meet YOUR piano player daughter :mad:.

The French Canadian lady we saw and, I loved listening to, played in the orchestra and, she was a wonderful talent...I enjoyed her more

than Perry Grant... :rolleyes:

BUT, I did meet Karynanne on a cruise and, she is a

very nice and, beautiful lady too

I do remember her... :D

Maybe the Constellation too?

Well, maybe I didn't meet YOUR piano player daughter :mad:.

The French Canadian lady we saw and, I loved listening to, played in the orchestra and, she was a wonderful talent...I enjoyed her more

than Perry Grant... :rolleyes:

BUT, I did meet Karynanne on a cruise and, she is a

very nice and, beautiful lady too

I do remember her... :D

Maybe the Constellation too?

Thank you for the compliment! I believe Ashley primarily plays with the Celebrity orchestra, but on embrakation day, she plays in the Cova. She is extremely talented, and I could have enjoyed her music everyday of the trip!

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes - this contract was for her to play in the 7 piece orchestra. She said she does play in the cova room too -and wherever else they want her -you are right on.

A quick story about her crazy talent -

When she was 10 yr old, we went to 7/11 one day for milk, and after she got back into the car, she was in a panic to find a piece of paper to write on. I drove home, and didn't pay much attention to what she was writing. When we got home, she ran to the piano + started banging out a real catchy rhythmic sounding tune. I went to see what she was playing, and she said that the slurpy machine was chug- a -lugging in D major, and she had to write a tune to the beat. Blew me away!

She always heard music in every day things.

After that -she kept waking us up in the middle of the night, by playing music she had dreamed.

By the time she was 15 yr old, she was composing big band music, and winning awards + scholarships left and right + performing professionally.

She does have a BA of music degree, but some people just have music in their bones!

We are scheduled on Connie for 3/26/09 but will be canceling if Perry will not be onboard. He was our main reason for choosing Connie.

We love the ship but Perry was part of that so without him we'll find something else and do Connie when he will be there.

Hey Tuggers - we are on that same cruise and I am also disappointed that Perry might not be there during that week. Are you sure that he won't be there? I just read it on some board. We went every night to see his show. We even skipped dessert a few times just to make sure to get in before the nightclub show ended.

marlene

Archived