Disney Cruise Questions?

crusing4fun

I have a couple of questions as a first time Disney cruiser (can't wait!). Can you have a drink at the sail away party? Basically, I am wondering if you are only aloud to drink in the adult only areas. Just curious. Also, what is your number one tip for a first time Disney cruiser? By the way, we are on the 3 day Wonder.

I have a couple of questions as a first time Disney cruiser (can't wait!). Can you have a drink at the sail away party? Basically, I am wondering if you are only aloud to drink in the adult only areas. Just curious. Also, what is your number one tip for a first time Disney cruiser? By the way, we are on the 3 day Wonder.

Yes, you can have a drink during sailaway. It is a lively and wonderful party. You will love the ship, it is truly beautiful. I really enjoyed going to a different dining room each night and it was fun to see the various Disney characters around the ship.

My number one tip would be to have fun! We really enjoyed the activities for adults and had a blast at the Match Your Mate game. It was hilarious. Make sure to see the Disney shows because they are very good. Castaway Cay is beautiful! I have nothing but good things to report about our trip on the Wonder!

We are going on the Magic in January and I can hardly wait! Enjoy your trip! :D

Agreed. About the only place alcohol wouldn't be welcomed would be the kids clubs. Fortunately it was our experience that falling down drunks were no where near as pervasive on DCL as they were on the other line we have sailed.

Looks like you got the drinking question answered! So I'll give you my number one tip. Be sure you're up on deck during sailaway from Canaveral so you can hear the horn as you sail away. It's so cool!!!

Too add to this tip...there is announcement before horn is sounded In this announcement they say it will be momentarily. What they really mean is the horn will be sounded right after the announcement is completed. ;)

Also on DCL you can bring your own drinks on board if you so desire.

November will be our fourth disney cruise and our #1 sailaway to ourselves party is to sit on our veranda, order room service and wave to the people on shore as we pass. We can still hear the music from the party, hear the horn sound but we are enjoying it away from the upper deck, which we find crowded at that party.

Everyone has their own little niche that they do, and this is ours.

ENJOY ENJOY!

If this is your first DCL, 90 days prior to sailing you can make reservations on the internet for shore excursios and Palo.

I highly recommend Palo, adult only dining.

Happy cruising!

Isn't it actually 75 days for the first DCL? I believe 90 is for the repeaters.

Not only can you drink at the sailaway party, they will bring it to you. (LOL)..... All I have to say is "Bon Voyage" yummmmmmm. It is a drink they make for the sailaway party. It is half strawberry and half cocunut. It is so good, I was Bon Voyaging up until the night before disbarkment.;)

I didn't notice any places on the ship that had alcohol restrictions. Saw quite a few people drinking and not a single drunk. Very nice!! We brought 4 bottles of alcohol onto the ship. I ended up not drinking as I didn't want to get "sea sick" since I have a low tolerance.

From what I saw from others drinking... a lot of different beers and a handful of mixed drinks are available :cool:

We just got off the 4 day Wonder and there were always servers walking around deck 9 asking if you would like a drink. So if you want one, they will bring it right to you. :) Also, I noticed a special for beer they had. I didn't pay to much attention to it because I am not a beer drinker but they did have a rather large cup on display that if I recall was somewhere around $14.95 and you could get free refills on the beer. Again, I didn't pay real close but in my quick glance that is what I understood it to be. :)

We just got off the 4 day Wonder and there were always servers walking around deck 9 asking if you would like a drink. So if you want one, they will bring it right to you. :) Also, I noticed a special for beer they had. I didn't pay to much attention to it because I am not a beer drinker but they did have a rather large cup on display that if I recall was somewhere around $14.95 and you could get free refills on the beer. Again, I didn't pay real close but in my quick glance that is what I understood it to be. :)

Regarding the mug and refills, I was under the impression you paid one price for the glass and initial beer and if you brought the beer to any bar, you could get it refilled for a cost that was a little less than what a normal beer cost.

Do they ahve opther drinks beside that at the sailaway party. I sure hate coconut. Take a good drink with strawberry and ruin it with that stuff! LOL!:confused:

They have a full service bar. They just walk around with "a drink of the day" and offer them to you. They always look sooooooo good, you just have to say yes. This is how they get you hooked on them. You can go to the bar and order whatever drink you want or ask the servers for any drink. They will be more than happy to get it for you, especially because the 15% tip is automatically added to your bill....;) BTW- I usually HATE coconut. I can not even do Pina Coladas, but LOVED this drink for some reason. The Bahama Mama's which will also be a drink of the day for you and Bushwackers will also be one. They are really good.

OMy, you guys are going to think I am a drunk.:D :D :D Believe it or not, I only drink on vacation..... My DH is a beer drinker and I am the foo fooo drinker, so I can answer this question.

The beer special is; it is a 20 ounce glass. Some with ESPN (left over from the old ESPN bar and the others are DCL ones). You pay $14.95 for a 20 ounce glass. Once that is empty, you take the glass to the bar and they switch it out with a clean one and fill it (20 ounces) for an 8 ounce price ($4.99 if I remember correct). You then get a chance to keep the glass at the end of the cruise. Same with the mixed drinks. You pay $7.99 for the glass with a drink and then you go back and exchange the glass to get a clean one filled with a mixed drink for $3.99. You keep the glass at the end of the cruise. DOes that make sense? Other than that you pay $4.99 for an 8 ounce beer and $3.99 for an 8 ounce mixed drink. (I am ALMOST certain those are the refill prices and the 8 ounce prices.) If not, I am real close....

The only thing I would point out from what QuickGold said is that "mixed drink" prices aren't fixed. There is a "base" price common for the ship's specialty drinks (I thought it was more than $3.99, though maybe the "specials" were that low), but various cocktails, martinis, shots, etc, can go MUCH higher -- up to over $100 for Louis XIII (and that's for 1 drink -- the bottles they sell for $1300 IIRC). Just didn't want people to go to the bars and see all the premium liquors they stock and think that they can order whatever they want for a nice low price. It's quite easy to run up some insane tabs on Disney drinking the "good stuff."

Also, as for tips, if you happen to be a member of DVC (Disney Vacation Club) you get the early shore excursion booking rights that those who have sailed with the cruise line before get. There's also a DVC "party" they'll invite you to (like all the others, its mainly another sales pitch to get you to buy more points) and there's some cute things they do for you that you'll notice when you first see your stateroom.

Archived