No-host mini-bar

AtMaui

I will be taking my first HAL cruise on the Veendam in November and will be in a verandah suite. What is a "no host mini-bar"? I've sailed on Regent in the past and know how their refrigerator is stocked and I can request wine, since it's all inclusive. But I'm curious about the "no host mini-bar".

What is a "no host mini-bar"? I've sailed on Regent in the past and know how their refrigerator is stocked and I can request wine, since it's all inclusive. But I'm curious about the "no host mini-bar".
That term has caused a lot of confusion over the years! :) All it means is that there is no host paying for the stocked contents - you are!! Just like most hotel refrigerators. :) Each day the fridge will be checked, and anything missing will be charged to your account and replaced. If you wish to put your own food/beverages in there, ask the steward to remove and store the contents so there will be no confusion as to which is yours and which is not.

The bottles of alcohol in the "No HOst Bar" are the tiny ones like on the air planes. You get 1 vodka, 1 scotch, 1 rum, 1 grand Marnier, 1 red wine -- a couple of beers, some soda and mixers -- split of champagne -- and a couple of other items -- the bottles cost $4.95 plus a 15% gratuity.

If 2 people want the same drink -- can't be done.

we always as the cabin steward to remove everything the first day and we use if for the white wine we bring onboard. we prefer to let them mix drinks for us when we want such .... and they tend to be better than what I might conjure up in the suite

harry

Archived