What cruise lines go to Aruba

spicycrab

My family is interested in planning a cruise that includes a stop in Aruba in December 09/January 10. My DD will be 2 years old at the time and I was interested Carnival's kid activities, however, I think I have learned that carnival no longer stops here.

For those of you that have been to Aruba, what cruise line did you use, and, what, if anything, can you tell me about their on board family programs?

HAL goes to Aruba -- have been there quite a few times.

HAL's children programs start at age 3.

Programs Available

Club HAL® - Kids*: Children, ages 3-7, can participate in such activities as story telling, fabric painting, indoor games, arts and crafts, drawing contests, ice-cream sundae parties, puzzles, bingo, pirate treasure hunts or a farewell pizza party. Children in the Kid's age group must be toilet trained. Children in pull-ups or diapers are not allowed in the youth facilities, due to mandates from US Public Health. Exceptions to this rule cannot be made.

Club HAL® - Tweens*: Tweens, ages 8-12 might learn golf putting, have disco parties and theme parties, participate in the award-winning National Park Service Jr. Ranger Program on Alaska cruises, compete in on-deck sports events, compete in scavenger hunts or simply play Ping-Pong with a friend.

The Loft and The Oasis*: Teens, ages 13-17 will especially enjoy the teen disco, karaoke sessions, video games, teen sports tournaments, card games, trivia contests, bingo, movies and videos. When there are more than 100 children on board, a HAL Talent Show is offered. (The Oasis is not available on all Vista-class ships)

*On the Prinsendam, youth activities are offered for ages 5-17. All other ships offer youth activities for ages 3-17.

I use a travel agency's website to search things like this - because it belongs to a TA, I can't mention the name here.

However, the search I did showed a ton of results:

From Fort Lauderdale:

HAL Noordam, Zuiderdam, Westerdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam, Ruby Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess

From Miami:

Celebrity Constellation, Jewel of the Seas

From San Juan:

Caribbean Princess, Celebrity Mercury, Adventure of the Seas

From Colon Panama:

Enchantment of the Seas

From Puerta Cauldera Costa Rica:

Crystal Serenity

From Barbados:

Fred. Olson Braemar, Sea Princess

Archived