Who's the Captain of the Quest ???

BillC

Have seen lots of great remarks about Carl Smith, the Captain of the Journey, but don't seem to be able to find out about his peer (no pun intended!) on the Quest. Since we'll be spending 42 days on the Quest at the end of this year, I'd appreciate some input about the senior staff. Thanks, in advance.

Hi BillC

It was Captain Metropolis when we sailed on the Quest in June/July. He was very friendly and his few announcements were informative. He announced a detour past Mt Stromboli on our cruise so we could see the eruptions against the night sky.

The other ship's officers we encountered were always smiling and very friendly.

You'll have a great time on the Quest. Enjoy!

Cheers

obira

uktog -

The hotel director on our T/A in April was Niyazi Korkmaz from Turkey. We did not meet him personally, but many of the officers ate in the buffet and were rather friendly. The one thing we ALL remember of the Captain was his closing of the noon announcements: "Good bye for now".

Niyazi Korkmaz is on the Journey now, so you won´t see him on the Quest on the end of the year I guess...

Capt. Karlsson, who ist Capt. on the Journey at the moment, is also really very nice, and his announcements ended with "see you around the ship" - and you saw him very often :-)))

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from quest & its Capt Lekkas who finished his annoucements with 'Bye for now' I think he has a couple more months to go befre he takes vacation.

The hotel director is Heike from Germany, Tania from Portugal is chief housekeeper, John howell is cruise director & Tim (I thnk) from Canada is guest relations director. All of these folk were marvellous during our cruise. The other cruise activites staff Julie, Kevin, Zak & some other names I cant recall now were all excellent. In fact all the crew were all so approachable & friendly. Great waiters - with some who were real stars &

stood out, great bar staff, 2 lady sommeliers Stephanie & Biljena.

The senior staff were all at the end of the gangplank for the first hour to see us off when we were in port.

As you tell we loved it & had a wonderful cruise:D

jo

We just got back from quest & its Capt Lekkas who finished his annoucements with 'Bye for now' I think he has a couple more months to go befre he takes vacation.

The hotel director is Heike from Germany, Tania from Portugal is chief housekeeper, John howell is cruise director & Tim (I thnk) from Canada is guest relations director. All of these folk were marvellous during our cruise. The other cruise activites staff Julie, Kevin, Zak & some other names I cant recall now were all excellent. In fact all the crew were all so approachable & friendly. Great waiters - with some who were real stars &

stood out, great bar staff, 2 lady sommeliers Stephanie & Biljena.

The senior staff were all at the end of the gangplank for the first hour to see us off when we were in port.

As you tell we loved it & had a wonderful cruise:D

jo

Hi Joandbun !

I had the pleasure of sailing with many of these fine people on Quest and other Celebrity ships..... Heike Cramer and John Howell in particular. They are both wonderful, and are tremendous assets to Azamara/Celebrity.

I am happy to hear you had a great Cruise. Thank you for the update, and Welcome Home !

We were on the same cruise as Joandbun and my son nicknamed Heike, 'Heike the Visable' as she was always there, from early morning to end of day. When she slept I do not know but she always had a friendly word for passengers and kept a close eye on her domain so it all worked smoothly.

John Howell was a lovely man and so nice to chat to as were the rest of the entertainment staff.

Pat

I remember a fantastic hotel director Hieke on Summit but she had a different surname and I thought she was married to the captain but I may have got that very wrong. Maybe Heike is the name for all good hotel directors

I wonder if John will still be on in January as he was such a genuine guy we have had many good chats with him

A

• 2 weeks later...
Have seen lots of great remarks about Carl Smith, the Captain of the Journey, but don't seem to be able to find out about his peer (no pun intended!) on the Quest. Since we'll be spending 42 days on the Quest at the end of this year, I'd appreciate some input about the senior staff. Thanks, in advance.

Hi Bill C:

I will be on the Quest boarding in Greece to Hong Kong. Seems like you may be on the same cruise. Nice to see other people inquiring about the Quest.

Ann E

I remember a fantastic hotel director Hieke on Summit but she had a different surname and I thought she was married to the captain but I may have got that very wrong. Maybe Heike is the name for all good hotel directors

I wonder if John will still be on in January as he was such a genuine guy we have had many good chats with him

A

Hi Uktog !

While I cant be certain of the Heike you met, I am pretty sure she is the same Heike. We've known Heike for a long time, and she was previously on several of Celebrity's M-Class ships. Heike does a fantastic job, and is a great asset to Celebrity & Azamara.

Im not sure if John Howell will be onboard then, but I agree that he is a great Cruise Director, and always a joy to sail with.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Ann:

Our little group will have 5 people on the Athens to Singapore leg, and then 5 additional friends will be joining us for the Singapore to Hong Kong leg. We're getting really excited about the trip, and are planning a revisit to Istanbul prior to arriving in Athens. We have put together our own 3 day shore excursion in India to the Taj Mahal (at about half the price of Azamara's!) and finally got Azamara's written approval to disembark in Mumbai and embark in Cochin.

We usually can be found in the Martini Bar area around 7:30 PM each night, so if you're interested drop by, and say hello.

Bill Copeland

Hi Uktog !

While I cant be certain of the Heike you met, I am pretty sure she is the same Heike. We've known Heike for a long time, and she was previously on several of Celebrity's M-Class ships. Heike does a fantastic job, and is a great asset to Celebrity & Azamara.

Im not sure if John Howell will be onboard then, but I agree that he is a great Cruise Director, and always a joy to sail with.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Andy

We just finished our 5th fantastic trip on the Quest and you are correct about your observations of the ship and the wonderful senior staff including Hiike, John, and our great friend Melanie the Captain's Club representitive.

We are looking forward to our trip in Jan. aboard the Journey with and equally great staff.

Regards Steve

Thanks Bill;

I used to drink martinies eons ago; today's martinies are fancier and more colorful. Will have to ask my daughter about her favorites. Will be glad to stop by. Wish they would serve a nice Johnny Walker Black on the rocks instead. Maybe I will bring my own.

Ann

Archived