Anyone else NOT really drink on a cruise?

JenaMH

My sister and I really don't drink, either. We may have one at the Captain's Reception (free) or take advantage of a glass of wine from our coupon book (free)...get the picture? Oh, I must admit though we each got a drink of the day while on Coco Cay because we wanted the travel mugs they came in!

I can't drink in the states, my mom may have the drink special of the day, maybe wine at dinner other then that she does not drink alot.. Our last cruise to PR, & Mexico we managed to get a bottle of vokda, barcardi, & rum on to mix up our own drinks with ither ice tea, orange juice, or fruit punch. Saved us alot of money. And let me throw this out there. Beacuse I feel that someone has something to say considering my sig said I'm 17.. I drink responsibly, not to the point where I'm triping and disturbing others. If everyone else (probably 70%) of everyone else can walk around the ship buzzed and more drunk more then I was, then I can walk around buzzed. I know my limit.

Hubby doesn't drink at all. We don't do it with the intention of saving money though. Drinking is just not part of our lifestyle. :)

Ditto. We just don't drink, it wasn't a conscious choice, at first. We just never drank much, if at all. Now, we choose not to. I may go for a boozeless drink of the day though...

DH will drink but not much on a cruise - maybe 1-2 for a 7 day.

I have not touched alcohol since I was 16....more than half my life ago.

Definately think we are the minority....just not how we choose to spend our vacation dollars, we like to remember our vacation completely!

...just not how we choose to spend our vacation dollars, we like to remember our vacation completely!

That made me think of the time a dramamine knocked me out for the evening... I was so frustrated that I wasted all that time in memory making! lol...

I'm taking a dance cruise in April and the company also does AA (dry) cruise groups as well... I'm not sure if I'd ever wanna take it that far though?

Am I a hypocrite for thinking that it would be a boring cruise is NOONE drank??? :D

Whether it be because of the added costs or whatever, anyone else not order drinks? Of the 3 cruises I've been on, the first cruise I only had a glass of wine, and well... that one drink is all I've ever ordered!

I'm sure there's a TON of people that don't drink on a cruise. I drink so infrequently at home, drinking on the cruise is one of the last things on my mind. I never order drinks on the ship, but I have had a drink or two on the luncheons that are provided during our excursions.

I am not a big drinker either. I have budgeted for DH & I to each have 2 DOD each day, but I doubt we will ever reach that much. We still have booze that we bought on the last cruise, that we have not even opened yet.:rolleyes:

With apologies to Theodor Geisel...

I do not drink in a box.I do not drink with a fox.I do not drink in a house.I do not drink with a mouse.I do not drink here or there.I do not drink anywhere.I do not drink alcohol.I do not like it... at all.

I have nothing against anyone else drinking (in fact, my dad is an amateur wine maker) but I must have the most immature palate in the world but I can't stand the taste of tea, coffee or alcohol. I drink water, Dr Pepper and lemonade. :rolleyes:

My husband says I'm a cheap date. ;)

I laughed when I read that b/c that's what my DH tells me. I also don't like coffee, tea or alcohol. I think for sure we are a small group that doesn't like any of those 3 things! DH doesn't drink coffee or tea either...makes for a fast meal with no after-dinner coffee!

I laughed when I read that b/c that's what my DH tells me. I also don't like coffee, tea or alcohol. I think for sure we are a small group that doesn't like any of those 3 things! DH doesn't drink coffee or tea either...makes for a fast meal with no after-dinner coffee!
Not many of us around...good to meet you!

I have never had a drink on any of my 25 cruises, due to my medications. Actually I think I have more fun watching the drunks. Some pay more for their drinks than they do for the cruise. I am a piano bar junky and have a great time watching the tipsy blow their money

we don't do alot of drinking, but we will drink the free ones at the caption's party.

we buy the soda cards- its alot cheeper than drinks and they work in all the bars, show rooms and buy the pool.

we do buy drinks in town. the three feet drinks in town are good.

we do bring on extra bottle water w/ us, too.

• 2 weeks later...

We're not big drinkers either. We like to start each cruise with a DOTD and toast those that are no longer with us. We will partake of the free cocktails at the captain's reception and the past guest party. That's usually been the extent of our drinking. We also like to watch the drunks, makes for great conversation the next day or at that evenings dinner.

I always get a soda card, and contrary to what some cc'ers have posted, I have always received good service, without any nasty looks.

Not wanting to od on sugar, I drink club soda with lime. An added benifit is that I don't have to worry about contracting scurvy.

DH and I rarely drink at home and probably will drink very minimally on the ship (read: free drink opportunities!).

For me, alcohol induces sleep and I don't want to miss the cruise sleeping off the booze. But I may bring an energy drink of two:p

This will be my first cruise and I don't expect to buy drinks -- hoping there will be some free ones. My daughter will be going with me and will probably drink enough for both of us.

Lately alcohol doesn't seem to affect me at all -- just makes my cheeks red. So iced tea is more appealing anyway.

Should I bring some bottled water on board or just a refillable bottle?

This will be my first cruise and I don't expect to buy drinks -- hoping there will be some free ones. My daughter will be going with me and will probably drink enough for both of us.

Lately alcohol doesn't seem to affect me at all -- just makes my cheeks red. So iced tea is more appealing anyway.

Should I bring some bottled water on board or just a refillable bottle?

On Carnival crusies, the only free drink you will get is at the captain's reception on formal night. Make sure to keep an eye on your room's tab if she plans on drinking alot, it's easy to get carried away with spending when you don't get a print out of the bill until the end of the cruise! (unless you ask the purser for printouts along the way!)

We have already decided that on our upcoming cruise we'll order DOTD based on whether or not the glasses are different than the ones we already have. DH has never been a drinker, and I'm looking forward to this cruise too much to be seeing it through foggy eyes.:p And besides, I still get a chuckle when I think back to annoying/heavily drinking family that we somehow kept ending up near everywhere we went, and their stunned surprised when they got their final bills, which were all $800 or more. :D

:cool: Hi~ I'm getting my 'feet wet' around here on CC. I absolutely LOVE these boards!

I have yet to sail on my first cruise ship, but am looking forward to it like it's happening next week! :D DH doesn't drink, and I like to have a glass of wine with dinner perhaps. I do plan on carrying on a bottle of wine each in our carry ons (from what I read on here on CC, each psgr. is permitted one 750ml bottle of wine.. right?).

I'm reading about DOD's.. (I'm assuming this translates to "Drink of the Day"?) I think I may have one of those or if something is in a keepsake glass. :cool:

Archived