Purchasing water in Barcelona?

Hubbie and I are off on our cruise from Barcelona next week and are hoping to take bottled water on board with us, mainly to take out on our port days. Any suggestions of the best place to buy the water? We're in Barcelona for 2 nights so can take the metro or a bus to an out of town place if it'll be cheaper.

Thanks in advance,

Ang

Thanks for that but we are actually looking at taking more than a couple of bottles on board as we want to have fresh ones for port days and also for in our room and don't want to take a chance on the taste of the water on board.

The supermarket on the Ramblas is I think, a Carrefour......... they have bottles and bottles of water there, from about 65 cents per litre. It's about 3 or 4 hundred metres down from the Plaza Catalunya, on the right side as you are walking towards the port

hello, water is the same price all over Spain no difference in Barcelona if you go to a supermarket. There is also a duty free in Barcelona terminal and you can buy it here I believe. We went on Voyager on August 2nd, don't miss the Ice show it's excellent. Enjoy your cruise

Sharon

Thanks for that but we are actually looking at taking more than a couple of bottles on board as we want to have fresh ones for port days and also for in our room and don't want to take a chance on the taste of the water on board.

Why spend the money, time, and effort to lug water on board. The water on board is fine. In most cases better than any bottled water you can buy. What do you think they use to cook with, make coffee and tea with, mix bar drinks with?

With all there is to see in the Barcelona area, I personally would rather spend my two days touring than worry about water. We always bring along a couple of 24 ounce water bottle like THIS, and clip in onto our belt using a carabiner and fill them from the ship before we leave.

And you can always purchase bottled water on board if that's what you really want. Expensive but it is available.

Cheers,

Archived