Live from Pacific Dawn W826

Riffraff

thanks so much RiffRaf for taking the time to reply to my question re Peter Burns.

I'll have to hope he boards the PD in about 3 weeks when we're cruising.

Like the post from 'cruisew827' love to find out if there is a way to know the entertainers onboard when a cruise is within a few weeks of departure.

Yes, Martin, that's what they did on our 14 night cruise in November.

i didnt know that. Shows how much i was paying attention in november. I only really knew the magician, but now that i think of it i only knew of him the 2nd week so he prob got on then. And we did have that hideous man/lady singer towards the end.

i didnt know that. Shows how much i was paying attention in november. I only really knew the magician, but now that i think of it i only knew of him the 2nd week so he prob got on then. And we did have that hideous man/lady singer towards the end.

Yes, that's right Emma. And the guy that was on the 2nd night of the cruise was on again acouple of nights later but then that was it. I assume he got off in Suva or Vila.

And I agree with you about that man/lady singer:eek: . From memory I think her name was Francine Bell or something like that.

Francine is indeed a woman and looks pretty good for someone in her 60's I thought. She lives in Lake Macquarie and has had a long career in America and overseas. Obviously not to everyone's taste but I enjoyed watching her as I have seen her before. She is a christian lady and her and her husband do a lot of work for charity.

To answer some questions - our cruise director is the woman with the strangest name in the business - Zoltina-J

Do you know if she is staying on for next cruise?

Great to hear you are both having a good time!:)

Yes, that's right Emma. And the guy that was on the 2nd night of the cruise was on again acouple of nights later but then that was it. I assume he got off in Suva or Vila.

And I agree with you about that man/lady singer:eek: . From memory I think her name was Francine Bell or something like that.

yeah she wasn't my cup of tea, nor anyone i had made friends with. Hideous. But she was treated like royalty and it was as if we were all supposed to know who she was.

I dont think i saw the guy on the 2nd night. I missed a lot of the shows, mostly saw the dancing ones i didnt even see the magician's show, but met him through the boy i'd met and saw him in the final show where each of them do a bit.

Baha, starboard side

Did you ever see any crew in it? On our cruise it never even had water in it:rolleyes:

Nope never saw anyone in it, though it would've had plenty of water in it our last night at sea:D it was that rough.:p

Hi,

Back live from the ship again - the internet seems faster tonight, and the computers have all now got headphones connected - they were doing some cabling work outside in the ceiling, maybe that was to improve the internet - it's worked!

Yes, we saw crew using the crew pool when we were coming into Suva - because we were late in, I guess.

The outdoor deck area on Baja deck, deck 10 is not as well known as the outside deck on Pacific Sun - and you can only get to it from the starboard side..but it's very nice out there.

Great day in Nuku'alofa today. Captains Club cocktail party tomorrow night, the second formal night. There will be 3 formal nights on this cruise.

Island night tonight - so I'd better go and get a good place on Lido deck to watch the cocktail demonstration..

Haven't heard Zoltina-J's dulcet tones (yeah right) since we got back on board - maybe she got left behind in Tonga - we can only hope.....

Leaving Nuku'alofa the captain sounded the horn twice to hurry up some late stragglers - it was 5 minutes past 4.30pm when we were all supposed to be back - they were walking slowly back along the wharf and he blasted the horn - a bit ironic though, they were part of a group of deaf people travelling togther..

Off to the island night party now - will post again later..

thanks for the update riffraff.. i checked out the webcam a couple of hours ago ..just a stunning evening your having there...

its sprinkling here in sunny brizvegas ..and feels about 10 degrees ...

Zoltina? i have heard a little about her.. I cant possibly imagin what her voice is like ..care to describe it??

Managed to find time to get back on the net - probably the last time before we get back. Having an absolute ball.

We went to the Captain's Virtual Bridge Tour the other day - very interesting. 1 and a half hours, giving us interesting facts and figures about the ship and how it all works - some nautical stuff, some technical stuff - but he has a good sense of humor and made it all very entertaining and interesting.

Pacific Dawn has a collapsible mast. It works on a hydraulic system, and is lowered before the ship leaves the last port before returning to Sydney. (Since we left Noumea today heading for Sydney, it was lowered today). Without it lowered, Pacific Dawn is too big to fit under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. With it lowered, at full tide there is approx 3.5 metres clearance.

There was lots of other stuff too- I'll post a review when I get home, I'll put a bit more in that - when it's not costing as much.

Just a couple of quick things -

Zoltina-J's voice itself is worst in the mornings - sounds like she's been up screaming all night. I suppose it's just that you hear the same things over and over. It's hard to describe though - it's half Australian, half American, with a bit of strangled cat thrown in..

Captain Paoletti is going on holidays after this cruise, and Captain Andrew Froude is coming back, until the 29th of November, when Captain Paoletti comes back.

Whether Zoltina'J will still be cruise director or whether she'll be beamed back to her home planet, I don't know.

Anyway.. more when we get back..

Lol riff raff.......in a way i'm hoping Zoltina will still be there on Dec 9 when we boardas everyone has had something to say!...I'll probably regret that after the first 10mins :D

Thanks for dropping in again and have a great last day tomorrow

Archived