Live from Pacific Dawn W826

Riffraff

Hi all,

Having a great time here on this lovely ship! Thought I'd start a new thread - not sure if this will work, internet connection is a bit dodgy. We've got music in the background as I type - the Neil Diamond impersonator, Peter Burns, is doing a show in the showlounge behind the internet cafe and we can hear him quite well in here.

The weather has been good, but turned a bit cloudy and slightly rougher now. The captain (Lorenzo Paoletti) announced at lunchtime that unfortunately the currents, having to have the stabilisers out reducing our speed, strong headwinds, and the delay in departure have all resulted in us not being able to catch up the time, and we'll be late into Suva tomorrow. We are due to arrive at 3.30pm, and leave again at 8.00. Shore tours have been re-scheduled, and the all-day tours have been cancelled and refunded.

At least we'll be able to watch our arrival into Suva, and see the ship at night from the dock!

We should be on schedule after that - it's only a short hop to Savu Savu.

Really enjoying the ship - I'll write a review when we get back..

Martin & Kym.

Thanks Riffraff,

Really appreciate you guys letting us know how the cruise is going, I know how difficult it can be with the slow internet on the Pacific Dawn. Sorry to hear it's a bit rough.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise and look forward to your review!

Thanks Riffraff,

Really appreciate you guys letting us know how the cruise is going, I know how difficult it can be with the slow internet on the Pacific Dawn. Sorry to hear it's a bit rough.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise and look forward to your review!

Well done kiwi, taking the time out to let us all know how it all us.

eThat Nneil Diamond impersonater must have been on there for a long time now ??, he was on there months ago ,,

He wasn't on there on W825, although i do wonder if anything ended up happening with the entertainment group... there was a few minor "incidents" (i acutally found it quite funny!) on the cruise, nothing major but perhaps a slap on the wrist for a few people :D

Looks like they are having some good weather. I am getting a bunch of uni friends to book a month after we graduate in 2 years time (atleast that way I will have time to save up!!)

Well done kiwi, taking the time out to let us all know how it all us.

eThat Nneil Diamond impersonater must have been on there for a long time now ??, he was on there months ago ,,

Hope he's still there when we cruise on 3rd October W828, as we have paid to see his show at our local nrl club and think he's great.

Would love to find out from RifRaff, if Peter Burn (the ND impersonator) is going to be on the PD for the next two cruises at least.

Karen

He wasn't on there on W825, although i do wonder if anything ended up happening with the entertainment group... there was a few minor "incidents" (i acutally found it quite funny!) on the cruise, nothing major but perhaps a slap on the wrist for a few people :D

Looks like they are having some good weather. I am getting a bunch of uni friends to book a month after we graduate in 2 years time (atleast that way I will have time to save up!!)

Hi Itachi, on your cruise, you had a guest entertainer by the name of Davidia???(something like that:confused: ). Was wondering if you knew her full name. Apparantly she used to host the trivia nights that I used to go to at a local Bowling Club.

Hi Itachi, on your cruise, you had a guest entertainer by the name of Davidia???(something like that:confused: ). Was wondering if you knew her full name. Apparantly she used to host the trivia nights that I used to go to at a local Bowling Club.

I am not too sure sorry, a relative purchased her CD on the boat. I will write myself a "to-do" and I will PM it to you after the weekend, is that ok Karmac?

I am not too sure sorry, a relative purchased her CD on the boat. I will write myself a "to-do" and I will PM it to you after the weekend, is that ok Karmac?

Thanks. I just thought you might have had a Pacific Daily. Will be a while yet but I am going to be borrowing the DVD from one of my friends that was on the cruise. Are you on it at all do you know?

Thanks. I just thought you might have had a Pacific Daily. Will be a while yet but I am going to be borrowing the DVD from one of my friends that was on the cruise. Are you on it at all do you know?

I don't think so... i tried to stay away. We went with a roup of approx 20 and the rest of them (mainly the older family members) are all through it. One of my friends I met up with from this forum, sent me a message the other day saying that they werent on it much but my family was on the most of it.

We have a copy of the DVD but haven't watched it yet. I am going through that phase of reminiscing on the holiday and dont want to remember it finished. But i am planning another one with some friends when we finish uni...so I am slowly coming around.. i have cruise-lag:eek:

I have had a friend stay last night, and he mentioned his Mum is on a cruise, turns out it's this one. It blew him away when I told him where the ship is and what the cruise is like.

I have mentioned CC to him so he will introduce his Mum to it as he said she would love to meet others who like cruising as much as she does.

Thanks for posting the webcam shots David, that could be us in one of those tenders! It's a short tender ride at Savu Savu, and it all went quite smoothly. A great day in Savusavu, we're exhausted now - it was quite hot and humid, rained and then sunshine.

To answer some questions - our cruise director is the woman with the strangest name in the business - Zoltina-J (Did she choose that herself, or was it thrust on her by her parents?)

Peter Byrne, the Irish Neil Diamond impersonator, did 2 shows, one regular show and a "Hot August Night" special which went for about an hour and a half - it was going to be out on the Lido Deck but the weather put paid to that and it was in the Showlounge. A great show, but he's off the ship now - he only stays on for a few nights at a time, he got off in Suva and a new singer got on - Paul Griffith. Don't know what he's like yet.

That's the way they seem to do it now on the long cruises - swap entertainers part way through.

Saw some dolphins tonight as we left Savusavu - we were out on the outside front deck (that not many people seem to know about!) and we saw them swim up alongside the ship and jump out of the water.

Thanks for posting the webcam shots David, that could be us in one of those tenders! It's a short tender ride at Savu Savu, and it all went quite smoothly. A great day in Savusavu, we're exhausted now - it was quite hot and humid, rained and then sunshine.

To answer some questions - our cruise director is the woman with the strangest name in the business - Zoltina-J (Did she choose that herself, or was it thrust on her by her parents?)

Peter Byrne, the Irish Neil Diamond impersonator, did 2 shows, one regular show and a "Hot August Night" special which went for about an hour and a half - it was going to be out on the Lido Deck but the weather put paid to that and it was in the Showlounge. A great show, but he's off the ship now - he only stays on for a few nights at a time, he got off in Suva and a new singer got on - Paul Griffith. Don't know what he's like yet.

That's the way they seem to do it now on the long cruises - swap entertainers part way through.

Saw some dolphins tonight as we left Savusavu - we were out on the outside front deck (that not many people seem to know about!) and we saw them swim up alongside the ship and jump out of the water.

Archived