Pictures of ship bobbing around?

Sayyadina

In the thread about the Miracle that was deleted, someone had posted a link to pictures of a ship bobbing and thrashing around in very rough seas. Could someone post that again? I meant to bookmark it and didn't, then *poof* :rolleyes:

Thanks!

In the thread about the Miracle that was deleted, someone had posted a link to pictures of a ship bobbing and thrashing around in very rough seas. Could someone post that again? I meant to bookmark it and didn't, then *poof* :rolleyes:

Thanks!

If you go to YouTube videos and type in cruise ship storms - or some such language - there are literally dozens of pictures........

I remember when these were originally posted. But, for some reason, I am thinking that I remember the ships were empty?? I could be (and quite possibly am) wrong, but for some reason I am thinking they were moving the ships (Ecstasy and Sensation out of the way)...that is why they were together and the pictures were taken from the Sensation.

Does anyone else remember this?

That was Ecstasy and Sensation riding out hurricane Rita at the mouth of Mobile Bay. They had tried to get into Mobile after leaving NOLA, but the harbor pilots couldn't board the ships, so they just rode it out at sea. They just had minimal crew and some FEMA people onboard.

Not the cruise I would want to have been on. All I could say was there must have been seasick bags every where.

Bamacruiser20 was correct.

Both those ships were sans passengers. [not that the crew didn't need the barf bags too]

Dan

I was talking with Adrian on the Holiday last week. He was on the Sensation while all this was going on. He said it was the roughest he has ever been on.

On the Holiday as we sailed in front of Gustav, they had put plugs in the OV windows on the Riviera and Main decks. This keeps the ocean from coming in if the window happens to blow out. Would you believe they had folks lined up at the purser's desk demanding refunds or OBCs. Idiots, I guess they did not realize it was for their and the rest of the ship's safety.

Dave

I know exactly the pix you're talking about. The poster said they were pictures of the Ecstasy and I think the storm was Katrina. The thread is gone?

Thanks for the pics. I was looking for that thread yesterday too. It was gone but it may have been moved. OP was asking why the Ecstasy sailed during a hurricane.

My son with his particular sense of humor said to me 'Yeah Mom its ECSTASY and it looks like its on drugs -rocking and rolling like that !!!

However I would not have stomached that pitch and roll .Sorry for all crew members who had to live thru that!!!

I wonder what I ke is doing to all my beloved cruiseships !!!

BEHAVE BAD IKE AND ALL YOU MONSTER STORMS !!!!ENOUGH!!!

Michele

That's what it FELT like when we were on the Inspiration during Gustav.

We were in cabin M24 (port hole on Main deck). At times, we actually had water/spray hitting our port hole windows. You could hear the waves hitting the side of the ship. The ship was rocking a LOT. Even though they had sea sick bags available, people were getting sick everywhere(we didn't get sick). Thankfully, the crew did a GREAT job of keeping things clean. Even with the rough seas we still had a wonderful cruise.

Archived