Getting Married on Carnival's Inspiration?

J&JWedding

• 2 months later...

We got married in the Library (so pretty) and had the reception in the piano bar rapshody in blue. Everything went smoothly. we had 26 non sailing guests so i think they will give you a bigger room with 60 people attending. the only complaints i had were as follows...

like (i am sure) every cruise bride that has mostly non sailing guests i wish i had more time to be with my family and friends,

#2: we didnt have a first dance, they wont lead things for you so you kind of have to take charge of the reception ( at least in my case)

#3: i wish instead of paying for the pianist i would have just brought my laptop with music and good speakers. (this was even mentioned by the coordinator),

after getting dressed i had to sit in the room waiting on the wc to come get me and after 20 mins past the time she promised to be there i had to call the cell phone of one of my guests to get her on the phone to come and get me.

make sure if you have any ideas of photos you wish to take to voice those to your photographer...

We didnt party too much after i was EXAUSTED!!! (and we had our 3 year old with us :))

if you have any questions or would like to see any pics i may have email me shartzog2@tampabay.rr.com

enjoy it b/c it is over in a flash!!

We got married in the Library (so pretty) and had the reception in the piano bar rapshody in blue. Everything went smoothly. we had 26 non sailing guests so i think they will give you a bigger room with 60 people attending. the only complaints i had were as follows...

like (i am sure) every cruise bride that has mostly non sailing guests i wish i had more time to be with my family and friends,

#2: we didnt have a first dance, they wont lead things for you so you kind of have to take charge of the reception ( at least in my case)

#3: i wish instead of paying for the pianist i would have just brought my laptop with music and good speakers. (this was even mentioned by the coordinator),

after getting dressed i had to sit in the room waiting on the wc to come get me and after 20 mins past the time she promised to be there i had to call the cell phone of one of my guests to get her on the phone to come and get me.

make sure if you have any ideas of photos you wish to take to voice those to your photographer...

We didnt party too much after i was EXAUSTED!!! (and we had our 3 year old with us :))

if you have any questions or would like to see any pics i may have email me shartzog2@tampabay.rr.com

enjoy it b/c it is over in a flash!!

So, with the music...do they not provide you with a good sound system? Is that why you wish you'd brought your own speakers? I'm considering asking my friend to sing instead of using a CD but I'm not sure how that would work (we're going to ask if she can bring her guitar on the ship as long as she doesn't sail with it).

Also, you mentioned the photographer...I'm thinking of asking guests to help by taking digital pictures, since the photo packages are so expensive and we're on such a tight budget...Were you happy with the photography? Do you know how easy it would be to take your own pictures too?

Thanks!!

So, with the music...do they not provide you with a good sound system? Is that why you wish you'd brought your own speakers? I'm considering asking my friend to sing instead of using a CD but I'm not sure how that would work (we're going to ask if she can bring her guitar on the ship as long as she doesn't sail with it).

Also, you mentioned the photographer...I'm thinking of asking guests to help by taking digital pictures, since the photo packages are so expensive and we're on such a tight budget...Were you happy with the photography? Do you know how easy it would be to take your own pictures too?

Thanks!!

We got the piano player.... and thought it was a waste of money... we made suggestions on what to play and he looked at us like we were crazy. all the music was (for us) background music and when we wanted to do some dances he couldnt play the kind of songs we wanted. my MIL was requesting a waltz type of song.. i would have much rather had our kind of music playing so we can control it..

i was happy with the pics but it was POURING that day and i couldnt get any pics on deck. alot of the pics i got were during the reception or they take you to a fake background and do pics there too..

The photographer was ok... we got maybe 8 pics for 200.00. a little pricy. My guests took alot of pics but if the photog is in there he will be trying to get all those shots too so he will be very much in the way :) We did get alot of pics from our guests (i have pushy family)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that feedback. :)

We originally had the luncheon booked since I felt bad not feeding the non-sailing guests, but I'm thinking of changing to the Deluxe (I've read that even non-sailing guests can eat at the buffet before the wedding, so it doesn't make much sense to me to pay for a meal when everyone will probably be full anyway...). If I did that, I guess it sounds like a DJ might be the best way to go...Right now we have 32 sailing guests and 30 non-sailing.

Has anyone else heard about non-sailing guests being able to eat on the Lido deck (unofficially...)?

Does anyone know of threads with pictures of Inspiration weddings?

I am getting on the Inspiration 10/10/09. We are doing the luncheon because we are having 30 guests tops and most of them are non drinkers, so the open bar seemed a waste. Also I have heard the luncheon seems much less rushed than the other receptions, and you often have the reception AND ceremony in one of the discos (definitely not for me).

I have heard that non sailing guests just take off their name tags and have no problem eating the lido buffet. I would just be concerned they keep track of time.

Also I got the flower upgrade, slaon and favor additional info and price lists from The Wedding Experience if anyone wants to see it!

We originally had the luncheon booked since I felt bad not feeding the non-sailing guests, but I'm thinking of changing to the Deluxe (I've read that even non-sailing guests can eat at the buffet before the wedding, so it doesn't make much sense to me to pay for a meal when everyone will probably be full anyway...). If I did that, I guess it sounds like a DJ might be the best way to go...Right now we have 32 sailing guests and 30 non-sailing.

Has anyone else heard about non-sailing guests being able to eat on the Lido deck (unofficially...)?

I posted this same issue about a week ago. I have 50 non sailing and booked the luncheon because they were coming a long way. However, I've changed to the Deluxe because I really want the DJ and the Disco. After reading the boards, I'll just inform my guests they can remove they're visitors badges and will get access to the Lido Deck. Besides....who wants badges in your pictures :-D

I am getting on the Inspiration 10/10/09. We are doing the luncheon because we are having 30 guests tops and most of them are non drinkers, so the open bar seemed a waste. Also I have heard the luncheon seems much less rushed than the other receptions, and you often have the reception AND ceremony in one of the discos (definitely not for me).

I have heard that non sailing guests just take off their name tags and have no problem eating the lido buffet. I would just be concerned they keep track of time.

Also I got the flower upgrade, slaon and favor additional info and price lists from The Wedding Experience if anyone wants to see it!

I'd love to see that info from TWE. asb700@yahoo.com. Thanks!!:)

Hey! My wife and I were married on the Inspiration on Nov. 8th and nothing really went to plan. We were pretty disappointed. I'm not trying to scare you but stay on top of Carnival AND "The Wedding Experience" to make sure you get what you want. If you search in this section of the boards for stuff posted by me you'll find a letter I had to write to Carnival. Again, I don't want you to be worried. You will have a wonderful time.

-Dan

Getting married on carnival inspiration on 3/14/09, not to far away. I am so excited. It has actually been very stress free. That is one reason we decided on a cruise wedding. I know how I can get and I know how I want to control alot of things. But with this type of wedding, I just complete some paperwork, do a little shopping and done. I am loving it so far. I will let you all know how the ceremony and reception go.

Yes, I'm getting married on the Inspiration on June 15, 2009. Woo-Hoo. I noticed that when Carnival sent me the wedding documents- we can elect for our non-sailing guests to eat at the lido deck buffet prior to the ceremony/reception, BUT the Bride/Groom has to pay $10.00/each non-sailing guest in order for this to happen.

Yes, I'm getting married on the Inspiration on June 15, 2009. Woo-Hoo. I noticed that when Carnival sent me the wedding documents- we can elect for our non-sailing guests to eat at the lido deck buffet prior to the ceremony/reception, BUT the Bride/Groom has to pay $10.00/each non-sailing guest in order for this to happen.

June is coming up so fast! You must be so excited!

I'm still waiting on my new documents since I just switched from Luncheon to Deluxe, so I guess I'll get that soon...From other posts I've read that this payment isn't necessary since there is no one keeping track on the lido deck. One person said her wedding coordinator told everyone to just take their "guest" badges off and that it wouldn't be a problem. I don't know if any of those posts were from the Inspiration though...I wonder if it depends on the ship...

Archived