Diamond traveling with first time cruiser.....

lanabanana

Absolutely! The exception is if she is in a separate cabin she will not receive the invites, coupon booklets, etc to/for Diamond members. If you are both traveling alone but in different cabins, then she will be able to join you as your 'guest' to any Diamond parties/receptions.

Have a wonderful time together!

They are usually pretty strict about the Concierge Club, only Diamond, Diamond+ and Suite guests - no friends unless they too fall in to the above category. We travel frequently with friends that are Platinum and each and every time, it's been a NO

You Seapass shows your membership level so they know right off the bat if you are Diamond or not. I did a "girlfriends" cruise, 2 others with me in the cabin, they were Gold and were denied access. You are given a separate concierge key, plus in the evenings during cocktails the Concierge checks off who you are the first time you come in.

I know they always seem to give you different answers at C&A, but when I called and asked about my upcoming cruise they told me that my girlfriend who is traveling with me in my cabin would be allowed into the CL. I cannot see how it would be any fun to go for a before dinner drink alone and leave her behind. Actually I would not do that. They did say that I would get my coupon book and she would get her level book.

19 RCI cruises and this one coming up is the first ship that has a CL. I hope I will be able to take advantage of this perk.

Many times my DH and I have checked in with friends staying in other cabins and have never had a problem having all of us use the priority check-in line to get our seapass. However once boarding begins you might have to have them wait to board the ship. We have had different experiences.

Just for the heck of it I called again to C&A and this time they said my girlfriend would not be allowed in the CL. I will see what happens on the ship, but now I am not holding my breath.

I wish you and your friend luck, having been in that position it is frustrating because of coarse you don't want to go in solo and leave your friend behind. But I have never personally had any luck whether they have been in my cabin or not. I guess ultimately it will be up to the Concierge, but I know they are pretty strict about it, to keep the integrity of the "perk".

To answer a couple of questions, Freedom has a concierge lounge (for suite guests only) and a Diamond Lounge (for Diamond & Diamond Plus C&A members). Rhapsody does not have a concierge lounge.

Yes, people traveling in the same stateroom with you get to join you in priority boarding. No, they do not get the diamond coupons.

The concierge lounge depends on the concierge. The official rule is no guests, even if they are in the same stateroom as you, but some concierges allow it. I am diamond and have traveled in the past with people that are not diamond - they have not been allowed to join me in the concierge lounge. Other people have had exactly the opposite experience. The best thing to do is not talk about it to the diamond members before going the first day and finding out what the concierge's policy is.

In my experience only someone traveling IN the cabin with you is allowed in the lounge. Your SeaPass is your access, in those cases.

Your SeaPass is NOT your access to the CL. You will receive a key to the CL if you qualify.

Your SeaPass does show your C&A membership level, in which case the Concierge may ask you to leave if yuu are not supposed to be there. That usually happens the first time you attempt to use the lounge. The Concierge will introduce himself and ask your name to see if you are on the "happy" list...

LL

On 8/17/08 Mariner sailing, my son who is a Diamond (13 cruises) was traveling with his Fiancee. When he went to the Diamond Club, and the concierge (most rude I have ever met) checked him in, he was told that she was not welcome since the club was for Diamond members only. Complained at the front desk and was told he should know better (after so many cruises) that she is not allowed in the lounge. My son, husband and myself turned our Diamond keys to the Front Desk and told them they could keep them for the rest of the cruise.

I believe my concierge will be Bobby Brown and his wife. I have no idea what their response will be to my request to have my friend join me in the lounge. We are taking this trip to celebrate her recovery from a long one year battle of throat cancer. We even had to cancel the same trip in April eleven days before sailing. Anyway due to her being a kidney transplant patient and cancer survivor she is not allowed to drink alcohol. I am not wanting her to have access in order to get free drinks or anything, I just want to make this cruise as special as possible.

Has anyone met Bobby?

Again if she cannot go into the lounge I will just not go and we will still love every minute of our trip.

Absolutely! The exception is if she is in a separate cabin she will not receive the invites, coupon booklets, etc to/for Diamond members. If you are both traveling alone but in different cabins, then she will be able to join you as your 'guest' to any Diamond parties/receptions.

Have a wonderful time together!

She will not get " Diamond" coupon book. If she is platinum you both will get invited to the C&A Platinum and Diamond party. I know this for a fact beacause on our last cruise, DH was not listed as Diamond by mistake, and only one coupon book was in the room, but we got two robes and invitation came for two. After a visit to C&A ambassador it got fixed. You will be getiing only one keycard to the concierge lounge anyway, I am sure you both can go, even it is said int the letter that no relatives or friends are allowed.

I've talked to Mr. Fain today and he is looking into the issue and will get back to me. In a nutshell, I inquired about access to the Diamond-level 'benefits' for only one of a 'party of two' in a cabin (due to my partner not having a C&A membership).

Thanks to the posters previously who indicated they had encountered problems. I will keep everyone posted as to his response.

I'm traveling on Mariner next month with my Mom who is Diamond. When she was on Mariner last time traveling with a girlfriend who was not Diamond, the concierge had no problem with both ladies using the lounge. My mother just assumed that her cabinmate would be inlcuded and no one said anything to them. I told her the rules I read about here and she was surprised.

Since our cabin is right near the lounge, I told her if needed, she can shower and get ready for dinner first, then go enjoy herself for pre-dinner drinks while I'm getting ready. She enjoys the socializing of the lounge.

She may however be getting me capuccino in the mornings ;)

Archived