Hotels near San Pedro other than Crown Plaza and Doubletree?

39august

Can someone recommend other hotels fairly near the San Pedro port? I will eventually try Priceline, but I need to make a reservation as a backup. Is the Comfort Inn Long Beach a reasonable choice? We stayed at a very nice place at the yacht harbor several years ago, but I can't remember the name. Seems like the taxi ride to the pier was about 10 minutes.

Can someone recommend other hotels fairly near the San Pedro port? I will eventually try Priceline, but I need to make a reservation as a backup. Is the Comfort Inn Long Beach a reasonable choice? We stayed at a very nice place at the yacht harbor several years ago, but I can't remember the name. Seems like the taxi ride to the pier was about 10 minutes.

We've booked the SunRise Hotel in San Pedro through Expedia.

We've never stayed there before but have continental breakfast and shuttle to pier included in rate.

I've later found out here on cruise critic that other people have bid on a 3 star hotel in the Long Beach area and have gotten the Crowne Plaza and DoubleTree for around a $65.00 a night bid. I wish I would of known about this info before booking with Expedia (can't cancel reservation)....but I'm sure we'll be good at the Sunrise Hotel.

Good Luck:)

Did those folks bid on Priceline for the Crown Plaza and do you know how they did that to get that price? We are sailing over Christmas on the Golden Princess and need a nights stay before the cruise; we would like to find a reasonably priced motel that offers free shuttle to the pier.

Did those folks bid on Priceline for the Crown Plaza and do you know how they did that to get that price? We are sailing over Christmas on the Golden Princess and need a nights stay before the cruise; we would like to find a reasonably priced motel that offers free shuttle to the pier.

Betty;

I don't know how to link a "thread" here so....go to the "West Coast Departures" thread.

Do a "search" and type in Price line....you can view it by "threads" or "posts".

In this search you will find many postings on Priceline and the hotels in the San Pedro port area which Royal Caribbean goes out of.

Maybe someone else can jump in here and help her with this....I'm sort of a 'rookie' with this Cruise Critic website.

Maybe this will help you.

Good Luck!:)

It is a sticky in this forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412919

For Feb, I recently bid $65 for a 3 star in San Pedro only and got the Crowne Plaza. $65 seems to get it more often then not.

Thanks so much Steve for helping out on this.

I knew I saw this somewhere but couldn't remember where and this link should help her cut down the research time.

Your a blessing!

;)

Question for the Priceline experts..

When making a bid on Priceline for a hotel in San Pedro, would a cruise parking package be negotible afterwards with the hotel? I have never used Priceline. I have just called the hotel directly and asked for room(1 night) and parking package for the duration of the cruise. We usually drive into San Pedro. I shied away from Priceline because of the need to have our car in a safe place while on the cruise. Plus breakfast and a free shuttle don't hurt either. Right now, I know that Crown Plaza and Doubletree have such packages but I have never tried getting them on Priceline for fear of it not including the parking and the shuttle.

Any insight??

BTW-Betty45- If you are leaving on the Hawaii Golden Princess cruise on Dec. 24th, have you joined our rollcall...??

When making a bid on Priceline for a hotel in San Pedro, would a cruise parking package be negotible afterwards with the hotel? I have never used Priceline. I have just called the hotel directly and asked for room(1 night) and parking package for the duration of the cruise. We usually drive into San Pedro. I shied away from Priceline because of the need to have our car in a safe place while on the cruise. Plus breakfast and a free shuttle don't hurt either. Right now, I know that Crown Plaza and Doubletree have such packages but I have never tried getting them on Priceline for fear of it not including the parking and the shuttle.

Any insight??

BTW-Betty45- If you are leaving on the Hawaii Golden Princess cruise on Dec. 24th, have you joined our rollcall...??

Here's a link hat was posted previously with Priceline hotels/parking comparisons:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=814727&highltight=parking+comparison

Hope it helps out.

I never book the Park and Sail packages. You're basically paying for an expensive breakfast and bottle of wine/champagne. For one thing, parking is FREE at the Doubletree. FREE shuttle, too. So, unless someone really feels they need more food and drink before their cruise, I don't think it's worth the extra money. I booked directly through Doubletree this time for a room with 2 Queens---$143. I'll park my car there free for the 7 nights we're on the cruise. And, we'll take the complimentary shuttle to the Acapulco restaurant the night before and to and from the port. I doubt I'll even eat much the morning before we sail. Maybe coffee and bagel or something. The only reason I didn't bid through Priceline this time (in hopes of getting Doubletree like I have twice before) is because most people seemed to be getting Crowne Plaza...which brings me to....

...As for the Crowne Plaza, when I've stayed there in the past, it was a Sheraton. Back then, besides a Park and Sail package you could also just book normally (around $99) and pay $5.00 a day parking. Worked for me! Again, no need for a huge breakfast or wine. But, now as Crowne Plaza, they told me they can't guarantee parking ($10 a day now) if you don't have the Package. Sure, we could always park at the port if we had to at a little more $ a day. So, even if I won a bid at CP for $65-75 a day, we would still need to pay for parking, either there if we can get it, or the port. It works out to be a bit more than DT or maybe the same. In that case, since I prefer the location of Doubletree, I just went ahead and booked there. The area is very nice for strolling, as well as taking the shuttle within a 5 mile radius. That includes going to a nearby store, if need be.

When I've stayed at Doubletree in '03 and '06, I was lucky to pay $45 a day and $75, respectively. One time I parked my car there for 10 days.

Best wishes!

Any insight??

And, we'll take the complimentary shuttle to the Acapulco restaurant the night before and to and from the port. I doubt I'll even eat much the morning before we sail. Maybe coffee and bagel or something.

Hi GoodAsGold, can you tell me something about the Acapulco restaurant? Was it recommended by the hotel staff? Will the hotel shuttle take you there and pick you up?

We're looking forward to our stay at the Doubletree next month. Any other advice you can give us about the area or hotel?

Thanks,

Archived