Let's keep things in perspective!

terri23

lori thanks for the stories. how did you keep the spaghetti from slipping down between the grill grates, LOL. J/K. :D We have a gas hookup out back that we may be making good use of!!

Darkwolfe everyone here complains of too many speed bumps - LOL didn't know they were gators ;)

I nearly hit one on Hwy 6 about 2 miles north of I-10 during a rainstorm. Dern thing was halfway across the lane when I saw it. If I hadn't had a flash of lightning at just the right moment, I'd've had a nifty new hood ornament that night!

Let's hope Ike won't be another Allen. That storm still had an eyewall when it reached Waco. It's very strange to experience a tropical storm 300 miles inland.

Oh, I forgot to answer your question. Some people just like to argue and complain. So, I just watch as they enjoy themselves. It's sort of like a high school debate competition. lol

IMHO:rolleyes:

Some times it seams like the folks with the most post do the most complaining. A lot of folks out here do more cruising on the boards then real cruising. And they tend to argue and complain over everyone and everything.

Lots of folks just get tired of it all and move on.

Watched the news this morning. Waves were laready lapping over the sea wall in Galveston. A little later, downtown streets are already flooding.

As for the complainers....I LOVE to tweek them! Kinda like poking a snake with a stick!

Ship is too big. Ship is too old. Too many ports. Not enough Ports. Booze smuggling. Ship has no Diamond Lounge. Etc,etc,etc,

Let it roll off your back! You spend your money on RCI becuase you choose to! No one is out thre "forcing" you. But ya gotta deal with those that either: Feel like they "own" the RCI board, or those that think their venom will influence RCI to change a policy, etc,etc,etc,

Just smile!

Live in SO Florida as well went through 3 hurricanes right after we moved down here. Lost the side of our house on one of them and had to move out for 4 months. You learn how to cope and adjust real fast.

Our home was repaired probably is in much better shape then before the hurricane. All I can say is we are healthy, learned so much from this experience compared to what we went through any compliants here just pale in comparsion and is a mindless distraction.

Listen to what they tell you if they say leave then leave. Take what you value most anything else can be repaired or bought. The safety and health of you and your loved ones are the most important things.

Had to chime in, I was pretty offended by the "I love hurricane season" thread too. Having been through many a 'cane here on the Space Coast and just getting back to normal from the storms that hit us in 2004, I thought that was a ridiculous, thoughtless title for a thread. Ike looks like a really bad one, I hope all of you in it's path stay safe and that it passes quickly. Can you believe there are some people on another board who still think they'll be cruising out of Galveston on Sunday??!! One person said all they have to do is show their cruise documents and they'll be allowed to cross the causeway!! Obviously these people have no idea what a hurricane is...and nor do those people who have a hurricane party!!

Stay safe y'all there in the Lonestar State.

Archived