New Suite Perk

rubrrick

Just got off of the Monarch this morning............and they have a new perk for suites.

Critterchick was kind enough to pick us up at the terminal and wisk us away to LAX..........and we were telling her about the ability to have breakfast in our cabins.......on the last day.........

Our cabin steward delivered a special menu for breakfast served in our cabins........from 6:30 AM to 8 AM.......with either cold items, or a nice hot plate of scrambled egges, bacon or sausage, toast........or hot cereal or and Denver omlet........with hash browns, tomato and toast.

We were told this is a trial of a new perk for suites!! Since we had the RS, and our children had an OS.........and also had the "special menu", I don't know whether it stops with GS's or JS's.

Jean (critterchick) saidl that she had the RS last week, and the suite breakfast on the last morning...........was not offered on her cruise!!

Hopefully this is something that may become fleetwide!!

Oh, and ..................there was NO $14.95 steak offered on any dinner menu.

And the filet that we had at a special CC party held by the Captain, Hotel Director, and a couple of other senior officers...........was one of the best that I have ever tasted..........on water or land!!:) :)

Rick

Rick, for a second there I thought the new suite perk was that Critterchick picked you up at the pier and took you to the airport.;) :p :D

ROFL LOL..............that's exactly what I thought until I read further down the page.

I think it would have sounded better if he said that Jean prepared the breakfast before whisking them off to LAX.

ROFL LOL..............that's exactly what I thought until I read further down the page.

I think it would have sounded better if he said that Jean prepared the breakfast before whisking them off to LAX.

Patti...........I have been found out.........YES........Jean came aboard......and cooked oatmeal for the captain and then an omlet each for Bobbie and me.

And...........yes ...........an honor to have the captain in our cabin for breakfast. He has cooked enough dinners for us..........it was time for breakfast on us!!

So..........if you all believe in that............Santa's coming back very soon!! :D :D :D

Good news Rick!!

This was a first cruise for some in your party, right? Did they enjoy the week?

That was very nice of you Jean, is that service offered to all CC members, lol :p :p

ETA: Rick you missed a huge dust storm last night, just in case you were wondering why your yards were so dirty upon your return.

###

Good news Rick!!

This was a first cruise for some in your party, right? Did they enjoy the week?

That was very nice of you Jean, is that service offered to all CC members, lol :p :p

ETA: Rick you missed a huge dust storm last night, just in case you were wondering why your yards were so dirty upon your return.

###

My pool is a mess...........thanks for the heads up!!

My daughter..........and her husband......started yesterday with a new budget..........so that they could start cruising next year. Unfortunately......they experienced an OS,....... so they are saving for a GS for '09.........or at least '10.

Grandpa........and Nana are starting to save for a very special trip for the grandchildren...............in '10.

The disturbance that was reported in Avalon.....came from someone blowing the ships horn at 2:30 in the afternoon. My youngest grandson plead "guilty", and was immediately keel hauled.........under the model that we purchased.

He came away with a bit of the bottom paint on his stomach.......and the model.........has a bit more of the green........base coat!! :eek: :D :D :D

Rick

My pool is a mess...........thanks for the heads up!!

My daughter..........and her husband......started yesterday with a new budget..........so that they could start cruising next year. Unfortunately......they experienced an OS,....... so they are saving for a GS for '09.........or at least '10.

Grandpa........and Nana are starting to save for a very special trip for the grandchildren...............in '10.

Rick

Thanks for the smiles, just love when newbies really enjoy their first cruise :D

Starting with an OS and being able to see the RS might not have been in their best interest, LOL :p

Have fun planning for your family cruise in '10 :)

###

Rick, I'm having similiar problems with my mom. Her first cruise was in a GS, her 2nd in an OS, she's going to expect the RS next time!:eek: Oh, and I paid for her first 2 cruise, she better not expect me to pay for the next one!:eek:

Thanks for the smiles, just love when newbies really enjoy their first cruise :D

Starting with an OS and being able to see the RS might not have been in their best interest, LOL :p

Have fun planning for your family cruise in '10 :)

###

When the kids work out the will.............I'll never know.....and they can blow their inheratence..............as well as we are trying to blow theirs!!

If certain people get into office............whatever there was.........won't be there anymore anyway!!

Then...........it will be just as Bob Hope used to say: "Thanks for the memories!!"

Rick

When the kids work out the will.............I'll never know.....and they can blow their inheratence..............as well as we are trying to blow theirs!!

If certain people get into office............whatever there was.........won't be there anymore anyway!!

Then...........it will be just as Bob Hope used to say: "Thanks for the memories!!"

Rick

LOL, did you take the Jewel Chartered ship from Boston to Bermuda in 2006? We talked to a couple who were on a "SKI vacation"....Spending there Kids Inheritance :D

Good luck with your dirty pool, and we thought the monsoon season was over :o

###

Rick, I'm having similiar problems with my mom. Her first cruise was in a GS, her 2nd in an OS, she's going to expect the RS next time!:eek: Oh, and I paid for her first 2 cruise, she better not expect me to pay for the next one!:eek:

Well Wrona, she DID move you into your new home :D Can you believe it's been a year? I hope you are enjoying your new home as much as we are :) ((hugs)).

###

Well Wrona, she DID move you into your new home :D Can you believe it's been a year? I hope you are enjoying your new home as much as we are :) ((hugs)).

###

Yep, still loving it. Although I'm going to spend the night at her house tomorrow night - Ike seems to want to come here after he visits Texas and since my house is surrounded by big trees I'd rather be somewhere else if we are going to get more winds like we got from Gustav.

Rick you missed a huge dust storm last night, just in case you were wondering why your yards were so dirty upon your return.

That wasn't dust...it was upgrade fairy droppings...:eek:

I have an OS on NV in January...I'll be looking for my omelet...if I don't get it Rick, when I disembark I'm going to keep walking all the way to Scottsdale and get it from YOU :D

Yep, still loving it. Although I'm going to spend the night at her house tomorrow night - Ike seems to want to come here after he visits Texas and since my house is surrounded by big trees I'd rather be somewhere else if we are going to get more winds like we got from Gustav.

Good plan Wrona! Sending positive vibes your way. Stay safe!

###

That is several of us.............sending you nothing but the best vibes for safety!!

So..........who dropped upgrade droppings in our pool?? It certainly does not look like "upgrade" droppings.............more like tree branches!!:D ;)

Rick

Breakfast isn't actually my specialty. Dinner and BBQ, on the other hand...:) And if Bobbi wasn't carsick or covered in dog hairs by the time we got to LAX, I guess it's a good method of transport!:D

Rick, glad you made it home safely!

Breakfast isn't actually my specialty. Dinner and BBQ, on the other hand...:) And if Bobbi wasn't carsick or covered in dog hairs by the time we got to LAX, I guess it's a good method of transport!:D

Rick, glad you made it home safely!

I see you found the thread I was referring to. Now you no longer have plausible deniability.

Just got off of the Monarch this morning............and they have a new perk for suites.

Critterchick was kind enough to pick us up at the terminal and wisk us away to LAX..........and we were telling her about the ability to have breakfast in our cabins.......on the last day.........

Our cabin steward delivered a special menu for breakfast served in our cabins........from 6:30 AM to 8 AM.......with either cold items, or a nice hot plate of scrambled egges, bacon or sausage, toast........or hot cereal or and Denver omlet........with hash browns, tomato and toast.

We were told this is a trial of a new perk for suites!! Since we had the RS, and our children had an OS.........and also had the "special menu", I don't know whether it stops with GS's or JS's.

Jean (critterchick) saidl that she had the RS last week, and the suite breakfast on the last morning...........was not offered on her cruise!!

Hopefully this is something that may become fleetwide!!

Oh, and ..................there was NO $14.95 steak offered on any dinner menu.

And the filet that we had at a special CC party held by the Captain, Hotel Director, and a couple of other senior officers...........was one of the best that I have ever tasted..........on water or land!!:) :)

Rick

Hey Rick. That is a nice perk. You were on the ship with Reggie, right?

Hey Rick. That is a nice perk. You were on the ship with Reggie, right?

Hey Jsme.......I remember you from another board from some time ago!!

Yes, Reggie was on the 2nd part of a B2B, and got to enjoy his company in our cabin and at dinner!!

Rick

Archived