Carnival cancelled tour

DB2VA

I dont understand. Carnival must have known the night before how many were on the tour. The tour operator also. They should have checked with each other, knowing the tour was lightly booked, and made decision by 6pm the night before . Then pax would be able to make alternate reservaions. I think it is Carnival's obligation to "manage" tours better so as to avoid pax inconvienence as much as possible.

Carnival doesn't "manage" tours....they only sell them onboard as a convenience for guests.

Carnival wouldn't know the tour was cancelled unless the vendor notified them. In addition, it's not just Carnival that sells the disembarkation tours....all the ships in port use the same vendors. There is no way to know which is cancelled or not.

It's all a big "to-do" about nothing. Some people just like to complain. These folks will get their money back in due time.

Honestly, read the darned contracts people.

Exactly...Carnival had their lawyers draft the independent tour operator liability section of the cruise contract very carefully, so they have absolutely NO responsibility, but to sit back and collect their handsome fees from the operators. Very sweet deal for Carnival.. :cool:

.............as does every other cruise company that sails anywhere in the world.......................

Every service provider has "lawyers draft" the terms and conditions of any agreement having to do with their business. And, they do it very carefully, and update it regularly as needed due to the "gimme gimme" sue-happy public who thinks everything is a lawsuit.

A couple of posters have made valid points about Carnival assuming some responsibility for the actions of their sub contractors - just because you aren't in agreement with their opinions, you don't have to be quite so cutting and rude.

You mean I should conduct myself differently from some others on here?

"Cutting and rude" is surely in the eye of the beholder. Crybaby, whining, complaining and outrage is obvious.

If one READS a contract, when something happens, they accept it as part of the contractual agreement. If they don't like the terms, then don't get involved in anything having to do with it in the first place.

If you choose to be involved, then don't be a baby and have a hissy-fit if something goes awry.

You obviously have not been perusing long enough, as the 'venom' is present on all the line's boards; particularly regarding certain 'hot button' topics..

Which is true. Formal wear, etc. is universal. Just seems way more consistent on every thread here.

Anyone else get tired of the 'Carnival can do no wrong' on this site? I realize there is some unwarranted complaining that goes on (and the same subject repeated 4 times a day), but it seems to me NO ONE can EVER complain about ANYTHING. It is unreal, and has really turned me off of the board, and (unfairly) carnival

Yep pretty much every day:p Don't let it get to you......just weed thru their posts and read the many helpful ones:D There are many on here that have experienced alot of the questions that are asked and you will learn alot..........

Yep pretty much every day:p Don't let it get to you......just weed thru their posts and read the many helpful ones:D There are many on here that have experienced alot of the questions that are asked and you will learn alot..........

It's almost as bad as everything is the cruiselines fault!!!:p After all can you believe the nerve of a cruiselines to cause not one, not two, but three hurricans in two weeks!!! Bastages!!:D It is also my view that Carnival is a fault for the flooding of New Orleans after Katrina. Those cruise ships coming in and out weakened the levees!!!:eek:

It's almost as bad as everything is the cruiselines fault!!!:p After all can you believe the nerve of a cruiselines to cause not one, not two, but three hurricans in two weeks!!! Bastages!!:D It is also my view that Carnival is a fault for the flooding of New Orleans after Katrina. Those cruise ships coming in and out weakened the levees!!!:eek:

yeah ;)

LOL

the nerve !!

We booked when we got on the ship a tour in Miami for the day we returned. ..the Sea Aquarium and transportation to the airport. Since we had a 4:15 flight it seemed like a good way to spend the day.

When we got to the tour bus, they said our tour was cancelled because we were the only people who booked it. This certainly was not Carnival's fault. But they told me I had to call customer service, get the address and then send a letter of explanation, and the excursion tickets in order to get a refund. To me that seemed like a lot of trouble. When Carnival cancelled the tour, they should have refunded the money right then and there.

I did all that they requested and of course I have not heard a thing.

This is a reminder to check the night before that all is well with your end of the cruise tour.

You don't get it because you didn't read the OP. It was cancelled after they got off the ship, collected all their baggage, and went to the bus (a private operator) who told them it was cancelled. They were no longer passengers with a S&S account.
This is just goofy! They were off the ship at the end of the cruise...no longer passengers. They have been given direction as to how to get back their money, and rather than send the tickets in, everybody says.....

WHINE!

FUSS!

COMPLAIN!

Sorry the OP didn't get to see some more fish, but it wasn't the end of the world. They'll get their money, that is if they follow the procedure, and that should be the simple end of the story.

{bolding mine}

Irony, thy name is marktac :rolleyes: :D

Archived