free things on celebrity--coffee/berries, etc--going next week

elaineo

Just returned from the Century 10/16 sailing. We were charged for cappucino and espresso in the dining room. I don't recall seeing very many "Freebies" either.

Hmmm... freebies.... gourmet bites, the shows, no charge for the movie theatre, library books and video rentals are free, use of the gym is free, piano bar entertainment, no charge for that, poolside entertainment, no charge for that, sorbet, no charge for that, lemonade , tea, no charge for that ...., grand buffet, no admittance charge there either, celebrity guest lecturer series, free. If you are a captains club member, well , that's 'free' (now anyway). Captain's club members get free $5.00 match play, free 'aqua capsule' in the spa, free money for the slots (12 for 10), they don't charge you for the chocolates.... WHAT are ya exactly lookin for in terms of 'free' . Everything has a cost. Don't jump on me. I want a freee cruise.

you can ask that they be sent every night at end of meal. other cruise lines offer free cappucino with meals, but they never tell you. I couldn't remember if celebrity did. all the other generic free stuff I know about.

Here's something I found out on my last Celebrity cruise in January. Thanks to Cookie and Kenny for the tips. You can always order shrimp cocktail and a sirloin steak even if it's not on the menu. And when you order the shrimp cocktail, always order a double order. And of course, you can always order iced tea in the dining room with no charge.

what cruise lines don't charge for cappocino or expresso? we were on princess a couple of years ago and they were free in the dining rm' but i heard they charge now. on celebrity they charge.

On HAL it's free at their coffee bar/cafe. Don't recall if there's a charge in the dining room.

I am not saying it is right or wrong (mostly because I don't care I really feel I get my money's worth on Celebrity) but whenever I go out to nice restaurants in the Phila, New york metro area I always expect to pay extra when I order a cappacino or expresso after dinner. Most restaurants list it separately from the regular coffee. Again I am not saying it's right or wrong I'm just sayin it is my experience that I always pay extra for these specialty coffees!

We travel with friends and have predinner drinks in our cabin (those wondeful aft cabins with the huge balconies) and we order fruit and cheese platters from room service early in the day for delivery at a set time and off we go on our tours. Just as requested, the platters show up like clockwork. No charge.

We also were able to order just about anything for breakfast (we had lox and bagels) just by writing it in on the basic menu.

Specialty coffees in the Cova Cafe were extra charge, but the great chololate croissants in the AM were free.

FLJudi

Hi, I sailed HAL last month and I had a cappachino ...I think the cafe is called "The Windstar". It wasn't free~....you did get a "free pastry":rolleyes: if you ordered a specialty coffee....

Hmmm... freebies.... gourmet bites, the shows, no charge for the movie theatre, library books and video rentals are free, use of the gym is free, piano bar entertainment, no charge for that, poolside entertainment, no charge for that, sorbet, no charge for that, lemonade , tea, no charge for that ...., grand buffet, no admittance charge there either, celebrity guest lecturer series, free. If you are a captains club member, well , that's 'free' (now anyway). Captain's club members get free $5.00 match play, free 'aqua capsule' in the spa, free money for the slots (12 for 10), they don't charge you for the chocolates.... WHAT are ya exactly lookin for in terms of 'free' . Everything has a cost. Don't jump on me. I want a freee cruise.
Gee...I musta missed all that. Must have been sleeping in my free stateroom.

Can anyone get the pre-dinner fruit/cheese platter -- or is that just for certain classes of cabins? How did you request that?
It's on the room service menu in the cabin and on the interactive TV. YOu can call room service or order it via TV, altho I'm not sure if you can specify a time if you do it on the TV. Calling is always better anyway--that "personal" touch! Any cabin category can use the room service menu.

Archived