Bathroom Plug

Chesie

Nope! I always buy these little tiny spray cans of room spray at Bath and Body Works. They are concentrated and you only need a squirt or two and they have the most fantastic fragrances. I love the "fruit" ones. I have Coconut Lime Verbena right now. They are only 1.5 oz, but work great. Try those instead. Outlets are few and far between in cabins.

Interesting. I tried to plug mine in and it doesn't stay plugged in.

Pam, I had to use one of the adaptors that came with a travel kit to get my nitelight plugged in so it would stay. Also, we have found they work on some ships but not others.

Several ships, no problem with a regular 110 nitelite, others blew up the bulb the second it turned on, and on the Tahitian princess, we just got a slight glow and no real nitelite. One cruise our room steward found me a 220 nitelite bulb and so far so good with that one.

It gets pretty hit and miss. But the nitelite is so handy in those dark bathrooms.

...How about a "plug in" deodorizer...

Every ship we have been on has had a separate exhaust vent in the bathroom. While they are not “high velocity” in nature, they run 24/7 and clear the bathroom within 15 minutes.

Every ship we have been on has had a separate exhaust vent in the bathroom. While they are not “high velocity” in nature, they run 24/7 and clear the bathroom within 15 minutes.

Hasn't seemed to work in the Princess bathrooms we have had. Travel sized OUST is what always comes along with us on every cruise. :) :)

Pam, I had to use one of the adaptors that came with a travel kit to get my nitelight plugged in so it would stay. Also, we have found they work on some ships but not others.

Several ships, no problem with a regular 110 nitelite, others blew up the bulb the second it turned on, and on the Tahitian princess, we just got a slight glow and no real nitelite. One cruise our room steward found me a 220 nitelite bulb and so far so good with that one.

It gets pretty hit and miss. But the nitelite is so handy in those dark bathrooms.

Well, darn! Wish I'd thought of the adaptor. Oh well, next Princess cruise. I have no memory of what the HAL bathrooms are like and my next two cruises are on HAL.

I have an outlet adaptor, but never thought of trying it in the "shaver" outlet. I would like to be able to use a nightlight in the bathroom when cruising. It's way too bright when one has to turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night! I will have to give it a try on the Tahitian in a couple of months.

I also would love to be able to use my hairdryer in the bathroom, instead of in the cabin by the desk. Has anyone had any success using one, with a plug adaptor, in the bathroom?

I also would love to be able to use my hairdryer in the bathroom, instead of in the cabin by the desk. Has anyone had any success using one, with a plug adaptor, in the bathroom?

No this outlet will not support the amperage drawn by a hairdryer. It is a low amperage outlet for shavers, nightlights, etc.

Look at your US appliance, if it has only two blades of equal width then it will work in this outlet.

Mike:)

I have an outlet adaptor, but never thought of trying it in the "shaver" outlet. I would like to be able to use a nightlight in the bathroom when cruising. It's way too bright when one has to turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night! I will have to give it a try on the Tahitian in a couple of months.

On the Tahitian, last trip to Tahiti, the hair dryers were located on the bathroom wall in our mini suite. But they were a strange type. A big box that just blew a bit of warm air. Never seen anything quite like them before in all of our travels. But I can guarantee you, you will not be able to use your hair dryer brought from home in the shaver/nitelite plug (even with the adaptor) in the bathroom, and you could either ruin your dryer or blow the circuit if you try.

As for the nitelite on the Tahitian, as stated earlier, we were not able to use it as all it had was a slight warm glow, no actual light and it wasn't worth the bother.

Well, I guess I will have to use my dryer at another plug then. I don't like the weak, ineffectual so-called hair dryers they have on Princess ships.

But I will still try to make the nightlight work.

Thanks, ToTo

Take you own and use it at the dressing table. I remember those dryers on the TP well, and they were not the best as they were more like a tube connected to that box. Even worse than those hooked to the walls on the regular ships of the fleet. The only good thing about those on the TP is that they were actually in the bathroom.

Instead of a night light we bring a small "shake" flashlight with us. It goes with us wherever we travel. Its better than a regular flashlight because there is no chance that it will get turned on by accident while enroute and be DOA. We shake it for a minute or so before we go to bed, then leave it on the night table. It has a soft light, so it is perfect to use in the middle of the night to find the bathroom. A nightlight only works if the door is open. We keep ours closed so it doesn't bang in rough waters.

M.

Archived