Ice Skating Rink

sweston85

Is the skating rink always a skating rink? J/W because when I was looking at the deck plans for AoS it said Studio B was a multifunction area used as a skating rink... and then it went on to list other things as well.

Thanks!

Recently came off the Independence and the skating rink converts to a club type room they use for theme parties, the Quest, and dance lessons.

Okay, thanks. And, how often is it open for ice skating? Is it sometimes closed during the the length of a whole cruise? or, is it open during the day and then closed at night for club use?

Thanks!

The days and times for the ice skating sessions will be listed in the daily Compass which is placed on your bed every evening. It has been my experience that the rink has never been closed to passengers for the entire cruise, although session times may be limited.

If you intend to skate, don't forget to bring long pants and socks. ;)

• 1 month later...
Is the skating rink always a skating rink?

Is the ice skating rink real ice or a non-frozen surface? My grandchildren love real ice. Can do without the surface that we have in South Florida at Christmas. Thanks.

It is so real that they even have a small Zamboni machine it resurface it. ;)

they have a floor that converts it into another area for use during the quest and other shows.

The ice skating shows are not to be missed. They are just amazing. make sure you get tickets as soon as they announce the availability of them.

The level surface is real ice. There is a ramp up to the stage area which is synthetic.

That's the was it is in many of the ice rinks I've been to. No need to have unnecessary melting ice on a ramp. It is also for the safety of the performers and anyone using the rink.

10 day NOTS Med in Oct. rink was opened the first sea day and the last sea day from approx. 9-3:30 and one evening. They actually have it broken down into sessions(for crowd control) on the compass but was opened continuously. Never was open on days when there were ice shows.

Archived