1st Time Family Cruise Advice

UtCruisinFamily

My husband and I went on our first cruise last year. We went on Princess and enjoyed it so much that we signed up for a future cruise credit.

We would like to take our daughters (11, 9, 6) on our next cruise. We are looking at the January 17, 2009 Princess Sapphire cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Do you think this cruise would be good for kids? Why or why not? It is a holiday weekend so will there be kids?

There are always plenty of kids of all ages on that cruise at any time of year, but especially if there's a holiday. It's a great route and great ship for families.

If you book it now, keep checking prices. I always book a cruise for that time of year and usually end up getting a price adjustment or cabin upgrade when prices drop before final payment. Booking early ensures that you get early seating though, which fills up quickly.

Best,

Mia

In terms of the ports those will be very nice for the kids. We took our children to them several years ago. If they enjoy the beach you'll be able to easily take them there and the towns are easy and nice to walk around.

While you will see some children on board you won't see many during that time frame so just keep that in mind as most school would be back in session then.

Keith

Archived