Additional $$$ for 7 night?

sweston85

How much additional money do you usually bring/spend on a 7 night cruise? I'm talking about for all the additional add-ons you pay for while aboard the ship... ie: alcohol, bingo, shopping.. etc... My bf and I are trying to decide how much additional money we should save up... and, if we book excursions pre-cruise... so that's taken care of... would you say that 1500$ is enough or more than enough for 2 people?

How much additional money do you usually bring/spend on a 7 night cruise? I'm talking about for all the additional add-ons you pay for while aboard the ship... ie: alcohol, bingo, shopping.. etc... My bf and I are trying to decide how much additional money we should save up... and, if we book excursions pre-cruise... so that's taken care of... would you say that 1500$ is enough or more than enough for 2 people?

Basically depends on how much you plan on doing. Everything you buy on the ship (including Royal Caribbean sponsored excursions) go on your seapass, which, if you are like 95% of the people who cruise, gets charged straight to your credit card.

My wife and i usually only take about $250 for seven days, and we only use it on Soveneers or Private Excursions. Everything else goes to the credit card.

How much alcohol can one drink?:D LOL. Just kidding. I think that is more than enough. We usually use about half that and we have a couple of drinks each, each night. With that much you will be able to get a couple of nice massages.:)

Everything on board goes to your seapass.....Our on board for 2 of us including suggested tip plus cash abov e and beyond tips can be about $1500 at a high- DH figures about $150 per day give or take- thats with gambling too, we call that entertainment b/c we never win! lol (I won $75 once:rolleyes: )

Cash for island stuff- private tours, quick lunches or drinks, ferry or cabs if you plan on using that form of transportation for anything.

Okay, thanks... because we're using cash for our SeaPass and my BF thought 650 was enough per person... but, I'm thinking 700-750 would be better?

Take enough that you will not be concerned about what you spend. That's why I like to put the seapass account on a credit card. $1500 total should be more than enough. With tips and everything, we spent roughly $900 last month on a 7 day cruise. We did not buy many souvenirs, but my DW did get a massage, we played a few bingo games and went to the Mystery Dinner.

Whatever is left over can be the start of your cruise fund for your next cruise.:D

Jeff

Depending on how much alcohol/soda you buy, whether or not you gamble and if you do how much do you spend, tips, Bingo, shopping in ports/onboard, would determine if $1500 is enough.

That would be enough for us, but each person is different. I'd rather have too much and have something left over than run short at the end. Enjoy.

Archived