One way from Santiago to Miami

wasup254

I am leaving on 11-9 for a cruise that ends in Santiago on 11-23(sunday). There is on the cruise calendar that the cruise ship docks at 4am. If that is the case, can I make a flight at 8:25a to Miami?

This fight is with Avianca and is 600 one way....the next best price is 918 dollars....even if I stayed overnight at a hotel, I would not spend the 918.

But my main question is can I make that flight, if the ship docks at 4am, or are they not letting people off the ship till lets say 8am???

Anyone every ended a cruise in Santiago and would know??

Thanks

Marlene

Marlene, what cruise line are you sailing? I would post the question on the cruise line board to see if folks who sailed on it can tell you what time they got off the ship.

If 4:00 AM is the arrival time you likely will not be off the ship until 7:00 AM or so as the ship has to be cleared and all luggage off. I will tell you that the ride from Valparaiso to the Airport in Santiago is about 90 minutes. On top of that you would want to check in about 2 hours before your flight. So, to me it would not be doable but again I would check with folks who have been on that cruise.

Also, many cruise lines will tell you the earliest in which you can make your flight.

And finally, there can be the unexpected from the ship getting in late to the ship being cleared late to having trouble finding your luggage to delays with your transporation.

If it was me, I would not attempt a flight so early, regardless.

Keith

NO WAY

Even if the you were off the ship at 4:00AM, you would have a very slim chance of making an 8:25AM flight. As Keith posted, 1.5-2 hours from the ship to the airport. International check-in in Santiago can take a LOOOOONG time. Very often 2 hours is NOT enough time to get checked in, especially if you are flying a non USA airline. You most likely will not only have to check in, but you will have to pay departure tax BEFORE you go through security. Departure tax is generally included in USA airline ticket prices (and LAN to the USA). But the SA airlines generally do not include the departure tax, so another line to stand in.

Have you looked at the COPA flights??? Yes, you have a stop in Panama City and sometimes in the Dominican Republic. COPA is Continental.

AeroMexico and Mexicana are other cheaper alternatives.

Archived