Repositioning cruise question

SuiteRose

Can anyone tell me if the activities on the ship are cut back on repositioning cruises. I have been told that this might be the case. Thanks!!

We found the activities on the Transatlantic we did to be somewhat less than say a Caribbean 10 day - but there was still tons to do depending on your interest level.

The level of activities really does depend on the Cruise Director and what is set up by them and their staff. Bridge, trivia, tastings (beer, wine etc) for sea days at least.

With the new Freestyle 2 there seem to be more travel seminars - etc. as well.

Don't worry, there will be lots to do or just relax and enjoy the ambience.

We found our repo on the Dawn last year to have the same amount of things to do as we expected... then again it was our first NCL so I cannot compare to an NCL non-repo.

We LOVED the repo and will cruise that way again as soon as we can! ;)

Thanks for the quick replies!! We are not really concerned about trivia, etc. But more like shows at night and other events.

Well they definately had shows at night - like a normal sailing - we actually got to see some this time with have a less intensive port schedule. ;)

Can anyone tell me if the activities on the ship are cut back on repositioning cruises. I have been told that this might be the case. Thanks!!

No, I don't think Repo's have less activities.

The difference in activties is more Cruise Line to Cruise Line. (not all offer Rock Climbing, etc.)

nlvc

Thanks for the quick replies!! We are not really concerned about trivia, etc. But more like shows at night and other events.

Oh there were a ton of things to do, including the shows, etc. that you like! Never a dull moment~~~I've been on 2 repo cruises and those are the only kind I take now!

Don't worry you'll have a blast :D

I have been on several repo cruises and have not found the activities to be less. There are plenty of shows and from many of mine some of the entertainment arrived at one of the ports we stopped at for some shoes. I am sure it's planned so when some are leaving and some coming, they overlap to allow for more variety on the repo.

We found our repo on the Dawn last year to have the same amount of things to do as we expected... then again it was our first NCL so I cannot compare to an NCL non-repo.

Then you should come with us again this year! Prices have gone down very nicely. :D

We love repo cruises... our next repo cruise is a 15 day cruise next year. I have to say that we actually found more activities on the one repo cruise we have taken than on normal 7 day cruises. That does vary a LOT cruise line to cruise line. I won't say NCL doesn't have as many activities as other cruise lines, but I will say RCCI had more activites that appealed to us. That may have made it seem like they offered more stuff to do.

I had a question about repositioning cruises on NCL (or any other cruiseline for that matter)... are they less expensive than normal (non-repo) cruises?

We did a repo cruise 4 years ago and we found it to be considerably less. We are hoping to do another repo cruise in the near future. I think that there are usually a few less ports and more sea days. My DH loves the sea days and I like them a lot too. He would be a happy camper doing nothing but sailing! :D

Kristy

I had a question about repositioning cruises on NCL (or any other cruiseline for that matter)... are they less expensive than normal (non-repo) cruises?

In my experience (including 3 transatlantic repositioning cruises/crossings), and also based on what I see when I look at prices across the board, yes, on the whole repositioning cruises cost less per diem than standard cruises--usually considerably less than standard cruises do during the high season. For one thing, repositioning usually takes place during the "shoulder" (off-peak) season, mostly spring and fall.

Bear in mind that you will always have to fly at least one way; depending on where you live, you might have to fly to one airport and return from another, which is generally more expensive than a round trip to/from a single airport. In some cases, the cost of the flights can be more (per person) than the cost of the cruise!

since

But you do get to see some great ports and generally the flight one way to one far-away port is less than having had to fly round trip to "that exotic part of the world". Case in point, last April I flew to Miami - cruised to Athens. The air was still less than round trip from Dallas-Athens-Dallas.

Happy 1st Anniversary ....Congrats on the birth of your little one.... We will miss you guys this year on the 08 repo...maybe you can join us on the 09 Spirit repo....hugggs to all

Kathy and David:p

Thanks 'DMH15', 'Post Captain', and 'Ron & Kristy', for your input regarding repo cruises.

My family and I loved our repo cruise through the Panama Canal on the Jade this past Feb. (on it's way to The Med from it's previous life in Hawaii) and was curious about pricing since it 'seemed' (though we weren't certain) more reasonable in cost than some other cruise trips we were looking at (certainly quite a bit less costly than a HAL Panama cruise we were originally looking to book). (It's so difficult to compare relatives costs when you're looking at not only different itineraries/ports, different dates/lengths, different stateroom levels, as well as different cruise lines so I appreciate you more veteren repo cruises offering your knowledge.)

Thanks!

Joyce

Archived