NOT happy with room assignment on the Imagination 10-3-08

danixbanani

So I finally got a room assignment for this cruise and it's real crappy. I booked a guarantee OV room...not because I wanted to but because that was the only option when booking an OV room. Well, I got the OV room but it's on the BOTTOM OF THE BOAT. How is that an Ocean view? I understand that this can happen with the guaranteed room assignment but...ugh, I'm just not pleased. I know rooms don't really matter but it took them so long to assign me something, I thought I'd get a *little* upgrade! GEESH. I'm a past guest and everything. Even if I could just be one more floor up.

Humph. I'm sure there's not much I can do to change this but should I try anyway?

Thanks,

Danielle

The rooms are all the same...you may be on the first passenger deck but the rooms are all the same just some are a bit higher... You did agree to take ANYTHING with an ocean view.... I've been on Riviera deck many times... never had a problem. Chances are that this close to sailing, all that's available is that deck. Hey, you saved some money, didn't you?

Well, you really only have two room choices on the Imagination... an interior, or a ocean view.

Let's look at the positives:

1) The bottom cabin deck is still 20 feet above the water line.

2) You did save quite a bit of money with a GTY booking.

3) You will probably have a smother cruise ride on the bottom deck than the top deck.

4) Most folks don't spend much time in their cabins anyway.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise... it's hard not to. :)

ps. there are some very experienced cruisers who have never received an upgrade when booking a GTY cabin. And others have received upgrades without ever booking a GTY room. It's a total crap shoot.

Humph. I'm sure there's not much I can do to change this but should I try anyway?

Thanks,

Danielle

Nothing wrong with Steerage, infact you are that much closer to the dining room. You can always call and pay to upgrade.

Fred

We are on the bottom deck to try it out in case we ever got the nerve to book a guarantee cabin. We have walked the Riviera deck many times before and that was the only deck where people were still up late at night and towards the back you could hear vibrations - but we booked midship so this short cruise is the time to try it instead of one of our longer cruises that we usually book.

It could have been worse. You could have gotten a 5A room at the front of the ship with porthole windows. We have the chance for that one for $20 less.

On our cruise in November we were assigned the inside cabin FURTHEST forward on the Fantasy, on the Main deck. While I wasn't jumping for joy, I realize that with guarantees, you win some and you lose some. I've booked guarantees several times - sometimes I end up on Riviera forward or aft, and sometimes I end up on Empress midship - you just never know. To ME it's worth rolling the dice - you get a nice price break and sometimes you hit the jackpot. Sometimes you don't. But all the rooms are pretty much the same, so other than a little extra walking, you won't notice much of a difference. Just enjoy your cruise and remember the money you saved on the guarantee.

thanks all. I know I shouldn't be picky but I'm just not a fan of the bottom deck AND aft. I know there can be vibrations/noise near there and I'm not a fan.

And, of course, being on a cruise is better than ANYTHING anyday...it's just that the room does mean something to me. If I had the option of booking a regular OV wherever I wanted, I would have done that. Unfortunately, I didn't have the option to do that when I booked. *le sigh*

You could always bring a white noise machine. I am buying one for this trip to see how well we can tolerate hallway and lower levels. We love to cruise but can't get the spendy rooms with every cruise when we try to do 2 cruises a year.

Did you get located in the back?

It doesn't hurt to call everyday. I have 3 cabins booked for 12/5 and have called once a week since booking. We are on main deck - - have been offered to move up twice - but don't the middle of the ship and they can't keep us together. So, I think the Main Deck mid ship is fine! lol

We've been on the Riviera deck many times and love it. It's always been really quiet. We've booked guaranteed twice and won't again. Just because you are a past guest doesn't mean you'll get a better room, a guarantee is still a guarantee. Next time pick your room and hopefully you'll be thrilled with your location. Don't let it ruin your cruise.

I booked a guarantee OV room...not because I wanted to but because that was the only option when booking an OV room.

First let me say I am a newbie. First cruise is March 09. So I apologize if this is a dumb question.

Why did you have to book guarantee?

I had an ocean view on the rivera deck on the Fantasy and loved the room.. I didn't see anything wrong with it and would book it again in a heartbeat. In fact on my upcoming fantasy cruise I tried to book the same room but it was already gone so they put me in one, 1 floor above it.

First let me say I am a newbie. First cruise is March 09. So I apologize if this is a dumb question.

Why did you have to book guarantee?

Booking Guarantee allows a person to book a category cabin and hope to be upgraded to a higher category cabin. This is a way to save even more money. If you don't mind where you will end up then go for it, but you will read of some people scoring a Suite while others scoring nothing but the same Category. This is the way I usually go, this Elation cruise in November we booked it as a Cat 4a GTY and we didnt get upgraded at all, its still a Cat 4a located in Riviera Deck.

Its like playing to Lottery.

I've only scored once from a Cat.4a to a Cat 9a onboard the Carnival Spirit and other times they have been like Cat. 1a to a Cat. 5a.

Fred

Booking Guarantee allows a person to book a category cabin and hope to be upgraded to a higher category cabin. This is a way to save even more money. If you don't mind where you will end up then go for it, but you will read of some people scoring a Suite while others scoring nothing but the same Category. This is the way I usually go, this Elation cruise in November we booked it as a Cat 4a GTY and we didnt get upgraded at all, its still a Cat 4a located in Riviera Deck.

Its like playing to Lottery.

Fred

Except that you are not forced to play the lottery....and the OP said that if he wanted to book an OV he HAD to book an OV guarantee.

So the question is.....why did he HAVE to book a guarantee? Why couldn't he just book a specific OV cabin at a higher rate? Seems like Carnival would prefer that to the cheaper guarantee rate...

Except that you are not forced to play the lottery....and the OP said that if he wanted to book an OV he HAD to book an OV guarantee.

So the question is.....why did he HAVE to book a guarantee? Why couldn't he just book a specific OV cabin at a higher rate? Seems like Carnival would prefer that to the cheaper guarantee rate...

Would be interested to know that also :confused:

Archived