Mariner hump cabin question...

Cheeriolover

Well, that depends on what route the ship is taking - if you are cruising the islands and leaving from Florida - it probably doesn't make all that much difference - some days you will see land and some days - ocean.

If, however, you are sailing along a coast line like towards South America

you would want to be on the Starboard side (right) so that you can see

the different land masses. The Port side cabins will give you endless views of the ocean. Personal taste, actually. We are sailing to South America leaving from Fla and going along the eastern coast of the country

on our way to Cape Horn so we picked a starboard balcony on deck 7 - last cabin on the "hump". Am reaally, really excited about this trip - and I

love the location of our cabin - right in the middle and mid-deck which

in case of some rough weather - won't feel as much motion. HTH. ;)

We just had 9624 on our Western turned Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Mariner. The port side ended up being the better side for viewing when docked and we definitely had a bit more space in our cabin due to the angle of the cabin and it being on the hump. :)

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply!

Beth - Did you feel your view was obstructed by being at the back of the hump? Also, was the traffic (noise) from the proximity to the stairs and elevator a problem?

Avon Lady - I get motion sickness too! I hope you have a great cruise!

This is for a Mexican Riviera cruise in the spring...if that helps.

Thanks again for the help!

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply!

Beth - Did you feel your view was obstructed by being at the back of the hump? Also, was the traffic (noise) from the proximity to the stairs and elevator a problem?

Avon Lady - I get motion sickness too! I hope you have a great cruise!

This is for a Mexican Riviera cruise in the spring...if that helps.

Thanks again for the help!

You don't need to worry about the elevator/stairwell traffic. The hallway to the passenger cabins is sort of closed off from the central area where they have the elevators, stairwell, library, etc. They don't show that in the deck plans very well. I did hear noise now and then from passengers walking down the halls to their cabins, etc. but it really wasn't bothersome. :)

And no, our view wasn't at all blocked by being on the hump. You could see as far as you'd like out to sea, a bit forwards and most of the way back. If you were to get a cabin not on the hump, you wouldn't be able to see around the hump, anyway, so you're not losing anything in terms of view by being on the hump, and may actually be able to see a bit more. We really enjoyed the cabin and its location, and would not hestitate to book it again. We're not lazy, we take the stairs everywhere, but it was nice to be able to run out to the stairwell and on up to the Windjammer for juice, iced tea, etc. whenever we were thirsty.:D

Archived