Ships Sailing out of Galveston

IntegraGrl22

Hi, I am looking to book my first curise. I live in Dallas, so I figured I would take my first curise out of Galveston since it is closer.

I was just wondering what ships people have gone on. If gone on more the one a pro con kinda thing.

Would you reccommend a certain ship? What was great about it?

Also I am wanting to know what kind of stuff I should watch out for. I guess I just want to be completely prepared for a cruise. I am going for my 21st birthday and this will be my first REAL vacation and I want it to be perfect. :) I've been reading over what to take with me and such.... but I was just wondering which cruise lines are better.

General Questions -

How are rooms set up? (I'll prolly go with the smaller ones just because i hope I don't end up spending to much time in there)

How is the food? Is eating at diffrent time increase or decrease the food quality?

What is there to do on the ships?

How formal is the formal? Kinda like Prom? or kinda like a business dinner? (elegant dress or just a normal dress)

What do the rooms have in them... like hotels have blow dryers, and hangers do cruise ships have thoose too?

Is there significant plugs in the room for alarm clocks, etc? Do I need to bring a 6 plug thing? Does the room even have an alarm clock?

I guess that is all for now. I know it's a lot of quetsions. I thank you guys for your help!!

:cool:

Lots of Questions, many of which are hard to answer without knowing what kind of things you like to do. Here's a suggestion. When you figure out when you want to go, go to an online travel agency like travelocity and write down all of the ships that are sailing out of Galveston at that time. Then start reading reviews of those ships on this web site.You will soon figure out which ones match your personality/activity preferences.

Answers to a few other questions...

Yes, bring an alarm clock. No clocks in the rooms. Nightlight too if no windows.

A cocktail dress is fine for formal night. No long gown necessary unless you just want to...

You will want your own hair dryer. They are weak on most ships.

Bring the power strip if you need more than one plug. That's about all you'll find in most rooms.

Good luck searching for a great cruise!

Some cruises leave from Houston.

Not sure about other cruise lines, your mileage may vary, but...

On Carnival:

How old do you have to be to travel alone? spacer.gif

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

For activities, check the daily paper on board. Here is a sample from the Conquest (doesn't sail from Galveston):

http://community.webshots.com/album/114567873itTqED

Not aware that the time you eat matters, but on most ships you have an assigned dinner time if you are going to eat in a main dining room. Location matters more - eating in a main dining room will be better than a cafeteria style alternate restaurant - usually.

Archived