Name of mountain south of Vancouver

We recently flew out of Vancouver and I know the plane took off facing east. Could anyone tell me the name of the huge mountain that was on the south side of the plane? It was more or less standing alone, snow capped and beautiful. This was not something that we saw from the ground. I think we had to be up in the air for it to be seen. It was a totally cloudless day and we could see the ground all the way to Denver.

Just wondering if anyone knows which mountain this is.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

We recently flew out of Vancouver and I know the plane took off facing east. Could anyone tell me the name of the huge mountain that was on the south side of the plane? It was more or less standing alone, snow capped and beautiful. This was not something that we saw from the ground. I think we had to be up in the air for it to be seen. It was a totally cloudless day and we could see the ground all the way to Denver.

Just wondering if anyone knows which mountain this is.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

The mountain you were looking at was likely Mt. Baker which is just east of Bellingham, WA. On a clear day there are very few places in the Vancouver and Fraser Valley areas that you can't see Mt. Baker from, it really is a lovely mountain and is kind of a reference point.

http://www.mtbaker.us/

Yes, that would have been the Majestic Mt. Baker.

My husband and I climbed it a few years ago. It was the weekend of the Abbottsford Airshow. As we were standing on the Summit, the Blue Angels flew by us, right alongside. They waved their wings at us and we could see them waving their arms at us too. So cool.

FYI - The mountain is not as dormant as most people think. There was steam coming out or the top and it smelled heavily of sulphur.

Archived